1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Loader question-help.

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by srl28, Sep 22, 2010.

1. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

Seriously considering purchasing this machine.

Got some questions, but first off--What size pusher would you put on this. Considering we stay on top of our storms, not long runs,etc.

Any thoughts, please let me know.

85587754.jpg

2. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

How much HP and how much does it weigh?

Are parts and service still readily available to you?

Does it have a standard skid loader quick attach coupler?

3. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

HA those were some of my concerns and next questions. It is not a typical skid steer quick attach but the sale includes a nice 4-in-1 bucket and the plow pictured. It looks like a mount that could easily copied or made up.

Waiting to hear from the dealer on exact hp, guessing high 60s or 70s from other machines from this manufacturer.

Engine is a deutz-allis diesel with 1k hours on her. Found a buncha sources for parts online. Didnt do much local research on it yet, waiting for some calls to be returned

4. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Have no clue,lol. Weight is a big part of the loader dilemma's. That thing can't weigh much more than a larger sized skid steer. Maybe a 10ft pusher, one advantage would be the lifting height, you will probably be able to stack a bit higher. How much are they asking?

5. DGODGR

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co

Sorry, not much help on specifics but I used to have a masonry customer (a large one-150+ employees) that had a half dozen or more Kramer compact loaders. They were happy with them and they had them for many years. I'd never even heard of them until I saw theirs. They seemed to be able to get parts (that was in CA). Good luck.

6. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

Asking 19k with the hydraulic 4 in 1 bucket and the pictured plow. its a 2000 with 1058 hours on it.

Really dont think it wont handle much more than a big skidsteer would???

7. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

From my understanding, Wacker-Neuson and Kramer-Allrad are one in the same company now.

8. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

have you considered a 2 speed skid steer instead?

9. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

Yes, very much so. And quite honestly a skid steer would be better for us as it would have more year round work for us (landscape contractor). Not sure which skidsteers to be lookin for really. Care to rattle off some model numbers and what not to help out?

Thinking something along the lines of a Bobcat S250 or 300. Would that handle a pusher similar or the same size as this wheel loader?

10. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

A s250 or s300 will run a 10ft just fine. I think you would be a lot happier with one of these in a 2 speed than that loader.
    Robert

11. SNOWLORD

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

I would take an S300 over that if it were me 2 speed of course

12. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

Think a skidsteer would be a better option for us being that we can use it for much more than snow. We do have Bobcat, Mustang, Gehl, and Cat pretty local to us. I like Cat and Bobcat though so those are on the top of the list so far.

13. Brian Young

YIKES! 19K. We ar looking at a 1999 Dresser wheel loader w/4000 hrs. new tires, new glass and a full service for 22k. Just saying, the loader we're looking at is 5 times the machine. Yeah, look at a skid steer. Good luck.

14. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

Ive found plenty of large loaders like that for 10-15k but have no use for em outside of snow and not much room to store such a machine. So if we can get the amount of work done that we wanted to with this Kramer loader done with a 2 speed skidsteer than thats the route we ll be goin.

The articulated loader just seems like it would push more and be more versatile but I guess for 20k it just doesnt pan out like a SS would huh.

15. Brian Young

I know, I have zero use for a wheel loader in the summer as well but our goal is to grow in the snow more so than any more landscaping. We have a New Holland lx665 that we're going to put in a lot this year...we'll see how it goes. It can only handle a 8ft box at best. Bad thing is a newer, larger skid steer can get pricy. Your damed if you do and your damed if you dont!

16. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

Exactly, luckily we ve got the work for a large skidsteer like that year round. One issue that came up with the Kramer loader and larger ones is the fact that currently we cant easiy tow large loaders around so come fall it stays where it is until mid spring. We ll see how things go.

Need someones honest opinion- Would a say S250 or S300 with a 10ft box be comparable productivity wise to the Kramer loader with a 10ft box? Neither would handle a 12' I'm sure, (that would be ideal but)

17. Brian Young

A 12ft push box is too much for either. It would probably close in performance as far as pushing the same amount, but I can't say for sure about the loader, Ive never seen them in action but Ive seen a S300 move tons of snow.

18. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I have a 325 Deere and I would rather sit in that loader then the skid any day. You don't need anything bigger then 10'. It will be quite fast a move a lot of snow. Skids aren't good at piling because at full height the bucket is to close to the wheels and you can't push the snow far enough back. The vision is also way better in the loader.

19. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

I would have to disagree with you saying skids can't pile snow. There is no doubt a mid size loader (544 or 928) will out stack a large frame skid but I have ran right next to a JD 244 and he could not stack any higher than my skid.
    You are right about the visibility.
    Robert

20. DGODGR

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co

It would be nice to hear from someone who has actually ran one of those Kramers. If it is comparible to an L20 or a Cat 904 than I would think it can out perform a skid in the right situation. I'm not sure if that unit is of a modern design. Does it have a hydrostatic trans., power shuttle, or what? The comfort level may be questionable if its an older model as well. The articulation can be a big advantage over a skid (no loss of traction while turning). The down side is that it won't turn within its own radius. You will have to determine which one would be best for your particular jobs. Tough to do without experience on both machines. The biggest factor that I see here is the summer time use. You have already stated that you could use a skid in your summer work. IMO that should be the deciding factor. I'm just not sure that you will find a good skid for that price.