1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Loader pusher on a backoe

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by PhilFromErie, Oct 9, 2011.

1. PhilFromErie

PhilFromErie Senior Member

Has anyone ran a loader size box on a backoe? I have a 420 Cat and I was thinking about a 12 foot Protec loader pusher, its about 400lbs or so heavier than the backhoe model. Any imput would be apprechiated.
  2. Neige

Neige Sponsor

I would go with the backhoe model, unless you already have the loader model. You do not sit as high in a backhoe and the loader mold board is 12 inches higher, then the backhoe model. The backhoe model is plenty big, not sure I would want the extra weight.
  3. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

The models are each built for a reason. We ran a 14' backhoe model on our loader, last swain we bent both sideplates from running curblines with curves in them & too much weight behind it.
  4. samjr

samjr Senior Member

Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
  5. PhilFromErie

PhilFromErie Senior Member

They look like regular backhoe model pushers, not the loader style though. The ones you have are what we ran before and will probably continue to. I was kind of wanting to get a loader style for a site because i'm not sure if ill be using a hoe there or a loader and if i have to bring a loader there id rather not use a small box on it. So I guess what is worse a hoe box on a loader or a loader box on a hoe?