1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

loader/ protech install ?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by IPLOWSNO, Dec 30, 2011.

1. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

hey guys,

anyone have a better way with pics to keep a blade on a loader?

we just got started plowing up here, i am at a new job this year and so far it is a top notch outfit, people wise and equipment wise .

i am operating a volvo loader with a 14 protech, the first night she was loose, last night i was backing up and the dam thing fell right off,

we are using chains and binders but they come loose , leading to me having to stop and play around,

with the chains tight she still seems to have alot of side to side movement, and when ya pick it up, she has alot of slop because they think the jaws need to be 5 '' wide to slide into the bucket which is alot less than that,

i was thinking of cutting some wood to put between the bucket and the forks of the blade,

anyone have a better idea, the chains and binders are about as lowtech as you can get imo,

anyone care to help me out, thanks guys

2. IPLOWSNO

thanks scaboney, it is still a stupid way of putting on a blade imo,

3. RLS

RLS Junior Member
    from Alberta

i think it may be an install issue. Do you have any pics of the setup? Ours is tight and does not move around, and we are using boomers and chains.

4. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

sounds like you are tipping the bucket to far forward ....side to side movement is a good thing when you bump a curb

5. IPLOWSNO

the shop mechanic put it on and it had a small clasp attached to the blade, i couldn't figure out how he had it on there,because i never really looked at it , until it was too late,

i ended up putting a new binder on it and it keeps on coming loose, yea i feel ya on the side to side but,i feel the side to side could be a double edge sword if ya know what i mean,

all this went down at 430 am so i couldn't take any pics,

i let the blade lay flat on the ground, but the part that slides into the bucket seems like 4'' wide, which relates to up and down slop if ya know what i am trying to say, i was wondering if that was what was making it come loose all the time leading me to think if i make it tighter fit it will be better,

next time i am out plowing i will snap a pic, thanks again guys

6. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

If you place the bucket edge in the mounting slots and raise the bucket up until it contacts the top slot then tighten your binders. It will only loosen up when you have the pusher on the ground but will be tight when you go to raise it. Not sure if I am explaining myself.

7. Yooper75

Yooper75 Senior Member

When I put ours on, I drive into the blade then I will roll the bucket forward and hook the chains up and tighten up the binders. If you can switch to the ratchet chain binders because they don't come lose like the regular chain binders.

You can see how the cutting edge of the loader bucket is on the bottom forks in this pic.

[​IMG]

8. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

You MUST use ratchet style binders. On my pushers the tie downs go to the inside of the bucket. Where a couple of D ring tiedowns are welded inside the bucket. I have never had a problem with either machine losing the pusher.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
  9. 06slvrctd

06slvrctd Member

10. IPLOWSNO

hahaha no it was in the air and i had gone over a bump which got me bouncing a little and when i looked back forward it was dragging along.

we are supposed to be getting hammered with snow sometime in the next day or two, the loader is 50 miles away so they may not get the snow we do, i will get some pics as soon as i can,

11. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

haha thats crazy too! You guys drive 50 miles for work....Thats probably 45 mins on a good day! Probably a good hr and a half during a storm! :eek::eek::eek:

12. Plowfast9957

Plowfast9957 Senior Member

No binders. Just a chain with grab hooks thru the eyelet in the middle of the bucket letting the pusher "float." Also eliminates wear on cutting edge.

13. IPLOWSNO

don't remind me, but i do it all the time i am a country boy, i tried living in the city when i was 20 and when my kids were born it was a country life for me.who wants to live 5 feet from some ******* they don't even know hahahaha, i own a city block out in this mofo and no one just stops by or i let the dogs run. fade to the tune of deliverance,

besides we have smaller schools, luckily my kid is a state ranked athete and she rose to the top in the city she would of just been another underage pregnant girl,and out here bad kids actually get their ass kicked , so they learn a little faster than those little gang bangers in the city,

45 minutes in a storm and 30 minutes in the nice weather, ahhh my kids were worth it to me, besides the city folk spend way more time in traffic than i do lmao,i loathe traffic.

on a brighter note, i got me a new chain and binder, it works but still pretty sloppy, i found out where that real small c-ring came from, i have a much bigger one on there now.

14. IPLOWSNO

oh yeah do the math its a hundered i have to go home hahahahaha

15. Yooper75

Yooper75 Senior Member

Tighten that sucker up, use a cheater bar on it if you have to get it tight or you will snap that one too. I forgot to add on both loaders that we own we use two binders to get it tight with no movement. I have been know to bust up 6-8in think ice with the corner of the wings and I have yet to break a chain, shackle, or binder.

16. IPLOWSNO

yea i have two on there, the problem is they are both chinese lol friggen harbor freight stores too close by

i was out all night scraping pavement, we were anticipating a dumping, we have a no snow policy so i was beating the few flakes into the ground, it did start snowing at 8 am when all the cars had to park though but i figured that,

PROTECH was cool enough to send me a video.i have it the way they want it, so now i just have to cinch that thing up as tight as she goes, and we should be good to go.i made a vid but being dark probably sucks, i just got up and have to look at it yet,

thanks again yooper for posting up the pics and the help you guys rock,