1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Loader plow

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by cog-1, Jan 14, 2006.

1. cog-1

cog-1 Senior Member

A few months ago I saw on the internet a company that builds hydraulic angling snow plows for loaders. The unique thing was they had an extension that would hydraulically slide in or out to make the plow wider by a foot or 2 on one side. Now I can't find the web site, if anyone has any info about this company please let me know... I am not talking about Blizzard plows, we have one of these. Thanks

2. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

daniels makes extending HD plows

3. cog-1

cog-1 Senior Member

Yeah, I like the daniels plows, problem is we are looking for a plow with a width of 7' to fit through narrow sidewalk bridges and would like it to extend a little when in open areas. I believe the smallest width on the daniels plows are 12' but I could be wrong-

4. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

you might want to look for a hydraulic extending push box

Try http://www.rcssnopro.com/?pg=product

They make an extending pusher that is hydraulic or foldable ones which I believe are manual.

5. Eclipse

Eclipse Senior Member

A power angle blade is the only way to go IMHO. After having plowed with box blades on loaders for a couple years the power angle straight blade is more efficient and a better way to go. Obviously every property is different but for me there is be no more box blades.

6. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

check degelmans site, they have a new blade/box coming out that you can put into almost any configuration.

7. cog-1

cog-1 Senior Member

For what we use it for a box plow would not be the way to go. We have to push snow off the sidewalks, cut pack, etc. Thanks for everyones ideas!

8. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

We have been converting peoples old truck plows into loader plows. We extend them X many feet, remove the pump, etc... and hook the rams up to quick disconnects and make a quick disconnect for the tractor remotes. Can be made for under $500 in steel and the plows are usually free.

9. bobcatgrant

bobcatgrant Junior Member
    from central

i just did that with my bobcat and an old western plow- having trouble with figuring out the hydraulics- see the western plow forum