1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Loader Per Hr. Price

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Bporter, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Bporter

Bporter Senior Member

I'm bidding a job that requires a loader to be on site at all times anyone give me an idea on a per hr. Price for a loader with a pusher thanks
    Brian Porter

2. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

what size loader

what size pusher

3. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

1 million dollars, and 10 hours min charge plus 200 per hour operator cost, and fuel is not included, also customer to pay for all wear and tear on plow, to incude cutting edges, and oil changes on the machine:jester:

4. cretebaby

smart ass LOL

5. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

Well your asking for two prices. First, if they REQUIRE it to sit there all winter, what does said machine cost to rent? We have never HAD to leave a machine anywhere, and since if we had such a job, i would just bring the loader over a day prior on the trailer, unless your talking big massive ones in which arnt used for much else in our line of work...

Machine that sits there, i would bill per month, used or not, 1hr or 100, if its gonna cost you 3-6k for the machine rental, plus tax, transportation there etc. Id take your cost and add at least 25% monthly to that, before ANY snow removal costs.

Then per hour really is just fuel and operator...

I would guestimate, 10gph maximum x $5gal/max =$50 hr, if your operator is paid $15-20 per hour, charge them $50/hr so $100hrly plus their monthly figure for snow stacking/pushing

Of course, those who do this day in and day out could probalby enlighten you on the fine details, i think thats a start.

We supply loader rates if need be, say if there is a requirement where we "cant" push the snow with the trucks or it needs to be stacked $235 hr , 2hr minimum.

And no i would never leave it there for any amount short of something insane like, my monthly payments are 1k or less and theyre spotting me 5k a month, ill leave it sit for a while and go over every week to drive it around for 10 minutes :p

Up in chicago area, wouldnt you need a spot to plug it in for the block heater too?

6. Bporter

Bporter Senior Member

I'll Leave the loader on site, and that is good for me since i really don't have anywhere to put it. Um welll it will be somthing simular to a cat 906 a 2yd bucket possible 3yd and a 12foot pusher

7. elite1msmith

from chicago

well i figure just sell one account and be done with it , for 10 years

8. cretebaby

seriously now, do you own a loader are you renting a loader are you renting buy the month by the hour

you cant price the loader by the hour if you rent it by the month

and why does it need to be onsite you cant use it anywhere else

9. Bporter

Bporter Senior Member

It looks like i will be renting it by the hr. I'll will be getting a couple of bids in on the loader by tommrow so i'll have a better Idea

10. elite1msmith

from chicago

i have had pletty of bid specs, say at least 1 loader/skid , on site at all times (not that would stop me from puilling it to other locations for small jobs after) - on site, is what it said in the specs

i refuse to give out a per push , or and hourly price if i have to leave the machine on site, or if it is a site that "requires " the use of one inorder to do the job.... in other words, if isnt a good equiptment choice, for a site, then they ge a seasonal rate, or a retainer rate

11. Bporter

Bporter Senior Member

ok Change of plans it's going to cost me 3000 a month and the company wants an hourly rate on top of that they are a no tollerence company last year and the year before i was the sub for someone eslse at this place with two pick-ups and they supplied the loader this year that company i was a sub for was gone and now the company seeked me out to be there contractor very confusing situation. But anyways I go out when the snow starts falling and don't leave till the snow stops and its all 100% cleaned up I put in over 150 hr. last year and 142 the year before i figured I would price it out at 235per hr for the loader and 125 per hour for each pick-up with 8' blade does that sound right let me know thanks.
    Brian Porter

12. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Just be certain the loader rental is going to cost you only $3000/mth. How about insurance, and your time to sit around? How about if your get zero snow? I'd try to get 100 hours guaranteed, if their paying you hourly. At those rates, on top of a loader rental rate your golden, but you probably wont get it. JMO.

13. salopez

salopez Senior Member

if the machine is going to cost you 3k a month, i would charge them 1k a month to have it there plus the 235 an hour you listed.

This is because if it was your machine you would have it elseware making money when its not snowing. If they want it there they need to pay for that service.

just make sure you have enough snow in general that you will cover that 3k a month.

14. Bporter

Bporter Senior Member

Thanks for all the resposes to my question but the 235.00 and hr. Sound right or to low

15. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Wow how did you pull off 150 last year and 142 the year before ? We had double the snow last year compared to 06-07.

For a 12' pusher you seem a bit high IMO at 235.00 per hour.
    But what do I know pumpkin:

16. elite1msmith

from chicago

3000 per month to rent a loader? how big , what kind? seems high to me - is that your cost, or what your charging them ?

17. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

When we talk loaders, we don't mean skids, were talking 544's, L70's and bigger. 15k for the season is cheap IMO.

18. elite1msmith

from chicago

well i figured it was a true loader - but why only a 12 foot pusher ? seems kinda small for such a high rental cost -

i could get 2 skids almost 3 rented with 8 foot each , total of 16/24 feet - if its a zero tollerance account , the snow should never pile up ,

im sorry im not filmilar with the "CAT" equiptment all that much, - i have run a few peaces , but he said something like a 2 yard bucket? i could put that on a skid as well for snow -

Last edited: Sep 25, 2008
  19. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Skids have a time and place, but 3 skids wont replace JD 644 with a 16' pusher for moving big snow long distance. A 2 speed skid is 1400 a month here. For Stacking skids suck, loading trucks takes alot of time as well.
    Big sites need big equipment IMO pumpkin:

20. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I agree. You also have to pay three drivers. Also Elite 1 12 ft pusher will do alot more then 2 skids with 8 ft pushers.