1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

loader or backhoe or dozer which works better

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by fourxfour, Jan 2, 2009.

1. fourxfour

fourxfour Junior Member

I have recently got myself an account that is to large for my f-350 to tackle. So im looking to buy a machine to keep at the site. I have been looking at tractors, loaders, backhoes, and dozers. The site is about 1000ft by a 1000ft and out in the middle of a large field so six inches of snow gives me drifts larger than my truck. So anyone that could help me decide which one would work better, please help.

2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I would look at a loader. Then get a pusher the is sized correctly for the loader. A dozer will mess up the pavement on the lot. A backhoe will work as well, but you can put a much larger pusher on a loader then you can on a backhoe.
    If you have a use for the backhoe or the loader during off season, then thats what I would get.

3. jayman3

jayman3 Senior Member

I would go with a backhoe and get a 10-12 ft pusher,I use a 10ft horst pusher on mine and it moves it around easily,if you have a few big lots,and snow removal is required then maybe a loader,but if you have work for a backhoe in the off season then that is the machine to get,it will stack good,push good,and also load trucks .

4. fourxfour

fourxfour Junior Member

case 680g

Thanks for the advice on which to purchase. Ive found a case 680g backhoe for a decent price, however. Im not to educated on buying large equipment. I used to run a John Deere 310c for my former employer. How does the Case 680g compare, also can i mount a pusher on the front of it?

5. jayman3

jayman3 Senior Member

If you are thinking to mount a pusher on that machine make sure it is 4x4 I think alot of those models where 2x4 and I wouldn't put a pusher on a 2wd hoe i would only use a snow bucket on it.What year is the machine.

6. fourxfour

fourxfour Junior Member

Once the guy calls me back again ill know for sure if its 4x4. But the machine is a 1985.