1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Loader mounted snow blower

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Diesel_brad, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Diesel_brad

Diesel_brad Senior Member

Does anyone have one? Basically what would go on a skid steer?

I maintain mine and my neighbor's drive(2000ft) Mine is kind a a piano because the layout of my garage and the house make a corner I can't really plow out. SO I am left shoveling a 25x25 spot every snow fall

My neighbor's drive is a SOB. Down the side of a mountain with a very narrow drive. Hill side to my left and shrubbery and buildings on the other side.

I am thinking the blower would be able to SEND all the snow for both situations.

My problem is.......
    I don't have hydraulics to the front of my loader to power anything(YET) I am working on a 3rd spool to run a grapple bucket and a power angle snow plow. Dismay tractor cape of running a front mounted snow blower by hydraulics?
    My owners manual for the 744 loader says the hydraulic pup is rated at 21.5gpm @ 2200rpm. If that is not enough or I can't tap into the loaders hydraulics, can I use one of the rear remote valves? Or mount a PTO driven hydraulic pump and run hoses up to the blower?

BTW I have a Ford 260C tractor(small industrial machine) 60hp

I don't like the idea of back down the long drive so the rear mount snow blower is out

2. BladeBlowBucket

BladeBlowBucket Member

You'll have to let us know exactly what skid-steer you have …..

I have been using a skid steer loader c/w a hyd driven snowblower for a quite a few years now …. but mine is a large frame loader with 37gpm hi-flow hydraulics up front ….. and elec over hyd controls available to control the tipper and shute rotation

There are a ton of options you could setup including a rear mounted power pack …… but it mostly depends on what your demands for usage are ….. Let us know and possibly we can help you set something up …..:drinkup:

3. Diesel_brad

I have a FORD 260C tractor. And the tractor is 80" wide

4. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

have you thought of a pull type 3pt blower?

you drive over the snow first not the best I know but then the blower just blow's it away as you drive?

how deep is the deepest snow you'll have?

can the tractor drive through it?

5. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

I would count on needing a PTO pump and custom mount.

6. Diesel_brad

I would not even consider a pull type. The snow around here packs with just walking on it. I couldst even imagine driving a 10k machine on top of it