1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Loader in the Drink

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Dailylc, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Dailylc

Dailylc Senior Member

Okay, which one of you guys drove the loader in the drink up there in Minnesota? Saw one the news where someone mistakenly drove a loader into the lake. Cost $9,000.00 just to get it out. Now that's a bad day.
  2. 24/7

24/7 Member

3. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

But its got big tires it shouldnt be that heavy right??? What a goverment employee
  4. Harleychvy

Harleychvy Senior Member

I guess he was plowing a spot he wasnt supposed to.I wonder if he still has a job.
  5. ahoron

ahoron Senior Member
    from here

Noone told him to clear the snow and not the ice:dizzy:
  6. snowman55

snowman55 PlowSite.com Addict

I was trying to get my ice house off the lake. I thought with those big tires it would float.
  7. snowman55

oh yeah and being a government employee I will be disciplined buy being sent home and suspended with pay and benefits.ussmileyflag
  8. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

operator claims he wasn't driving on ice to his fish hut but he did slide down boat ramp into water. What he needs is a reason why he was in the lot in the first place. Claims that media made up story about fishing hut. The plot thickens
  9. snowman55

ok I had a special date waiting for me in the ice house
  10. sluggermn

sluggermn Member

yesterday I was listening to the local am talk station and a lady called in and said she has known this guy all her life, grew up in the same small town as him and then she dropped the bomb......

she said " this guy is an idiot and has no brains at all, a total screw up. he has pulled so many stupid moves it's about time he got busted and I hope he does not get away with it again. "

she totally annihilated this guy publicly on the radio, and I got a good laugh over the whole deal.

11. Landscape80

Landscape80 Senior Member

Wow.....that's just funny. So, he thought a 15 ton loader would just drive right over the ice. This shows the human population 2 things...
    1. You obviously do not have to have ANY common sense to work for our govt.
    2. People this stupid actually exist.

12. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

Being Norwegian does have its limitations.
  13. jadyejr

jadyejr Senior Member
    from NC

hes watched too many episodes of ice road truckers
  14. topdj

topdj Senior Member

now thats funny,

he should pay restitution like any citizen would that took the machine and used it in an unauthorized manner.
  15. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

He was just fired after almost 28 years on the job. His wife has started divorce procedings and his children are too embarrassed to even call him Dad. Beings that he was a County Government worker, he has no savings, his wife threw him out so he now has to live in his ice shack, and his kids won't talk tto him. Granted, it was a stupid mistake, but give the guy a break...t's the holidays! He made a gross error in judgement, but at least he didn't embezzle a half million like all the other politicians!
  16. tedmed

tedmed Junior Member

Look closely at the Deere in the video...

Its running when they dragged it out of that water! You can see the exhaust!

But anyway, "Now that's funny right there, I dont care who you are!!"

As a fellow Government Employee, people like that give the rest of us a bad name that's for sure... The icing on the cake will be when he sues the town for work related stress!! LMAO! :realmad: :gunsfiring:

"Your tax dollars hard at work!"
  17. Landscape80

Landscape80 Senior Member

Hahaha......you do have a point. But come on, a machine that size, on a lake??? Definately deserves some form of punishment, but losing the house & wife...that's a bit harsh. I'm sure there were other things that led up to the divorce beyond just doing that.

18. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Maybe he was committing suicide... Just missed the dee side of the lake...!!!!!
  19. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Damn, you guys are harsh!...lol
  20. Dustball

Dustball Senior Member

A loader on a lake would be fine here later in the season when the ice has enough thickness but right now it's too early in the season.

The report says it was 15 tons. According to this, http://www.crrel.usace.army.mil/ierd/ice_safety/safety.html , 18 inches of ice is enough. I would estimate right now there's an average of a foot of ice on our lakes.
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2008