1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Loader driver having a bad day

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Neige, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Here is a picture of a loader driver that lost control of his vehicle and ended upside down in the river.
    Loosely translated it said ( A man found himself in the river north of St-Jerome, after he slid with his loader to the edge of Souvenier street yesterday morning. According to the sole witness the heavy weight seemed to guide him straight to the river, like he was unable to brake. His fall was slowed by a tree, then he rolled over and found himself upside down with his cab half way submerged in the ice cold water. The driver, in his sixties was able to escape his loader by one of the broken windows. He suffered miner cuts to his face.

loader driver having a bad day.jpg
  2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

At least he got out. You guys don't use enough salt. Lol
  3. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

For all those that think wheel loaders never get stuck, don't spin, and can push anything...
    A little ice and you can spin doughnuts all day long.
  4. Neige

Neige Sponsor

If you look closely the loader is equipped with real winter tires. JD you are right about the salt, but if that road was always down to bare pavement, I wonder what effects it would have on that river. I believe that happen during one of our many rain storms, where its raining hard but the temps are -4c. I cannot remember at any time when we had so much rain while the temps were below freezing. People continue to drive fast thinking oh its raining outside the roads are black lets go for it. Insurance premiums are going to go up after this year, tons of accidents.
  5. LawnGuy110

LawnGuy110 Senior Member

Its called black ice for a reason :laughing:
  6. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

I always liked chains on the loader when out in winter conditions :) But that just maybe me....
  7. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

That's funny.
  8. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

It can happen to the best.

Always got to be careful.
  9. AugustArborists

AugustArborists Member
    from Wyoming

Accidents can and do happen, we don't sit at a desk all day, we are out there in the weather and at the time of night "sane" people avoid.

I'm just glad he got out ok.

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

Im glad the old boy got out of there it could have been alot worse.
  11. serafii

serafii Senior Member

thats crazy. i didnt even hear about this on the news. the rain we've been getting in montreal this year isn't even normal.

cant complain much for the lack of snow since i have seasonal contracts but, no snow sucks!
  12. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

13. RepoMan1968

RepoMan1968 Senior Member

i think one would chalk that up to driver error
  14. Chaos

Chaos Member

Last year it was a John Deere on the 440 in Laval. Guy must have caught the snow bank and it pulled him into the ditch!