1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Loader and Tandem Salt Truck for Sale

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by JohnnyRoyale, Mar 19, 2008.

1. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

We're selling a Cat 920 Loader, and a tandem Mack RB with DownEaster Salter-new ones are on the way and we need the room. I can send you pics if interested-or call me for more info (416) 688 8504-John.

Our 1986 Tandem Mack RB 688 equipped with a frame mounted 5 year old hydraulic DownEaster Salter Body has 20,000 kms on rebuilt, and entire truck was totally refurbished plus sand blasted and painted 5 years ago. The salt body is 5 years old and holds 15-16 tonnes (legal) of bulk rock salt. This truck has lots of power and features aluminum buds all around. This truck was very well taken care of-We oiled the truck yearly and washed out the salter after every use. Salter body has some surface rust, but nothing major to worry about. If you do any major salting, this is the truck for you. $26,000.00 OBO.

The Cat 920 Loader has 2300 Hrs on Rebuild, it was hand sanded and painted 3 years ago. This machine was primarily used for snow for the last 8 years. Its an excellant snow machine, and it comes with a 12 foot Avalanche Snow Pusher. $26,000.00 OBO

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I have seen the Mack before and it's a really nice truck. It's setup exactly how I would do it an dwould make a great truck for someone.

3. JohnnyRoyale

Hey Dave,

The Mack's a nice rig, I have the same setup on a tandem Sterling too. The Mack's a little older, but mechanically perfect. The salter could use a light sanding and a coat of paint, to make it perfect. We have decided to start phazing out some of the winter work, as its just become a little to much and, I can't take off to do any riding in the south during the winter cuz we're fighting snow up here most of the time. I have a condo in Florida I haven't been to in two years-it kills me to pay maintenance fees and taxes for something I dont use. On another note, think were done for the winter? I think we may be in for another big one before its over-the one that turns into slush before we finish plowing it. It's been a long, busy, winter-good thing I don't have any salt in contracts anymore. This winter would have killed me. Can't wait to take the new bike out for a spin.

4. K20Fisher

K20Fisher Senior Member
    from Maine

Pics??????

5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Biggers not always better, I'm not as horny as I was a few years ago. I think we have a storm or 2 left, but who knows. What kind of bike did you get?

6. JohnnyRoyale

I gotta figure out how to post them, I'll make an attempt tomorrow when I'm at the office.

7. JohnnyRoyale

We're down to about half of what we did in previous years-if all goes my way, I'll be down to a quarter in the the next year, and completely out by the following year I'm not even mounting plows on the two new trucks I just ordered. Then I'll come run one of your bad boys when your in a jam. I picked up an 07 Yamaha Roadstar Silverado (Canadian Edition) 1700, it was a Yamaha demo, good deal-nice reliable Jap power-needs pipes and a bit more chrome though.

8. JohnnyRoyale

The loader comes with a 12ft Avalanche Pusher (steel trip edge)-not shown.

Cat_Loader.jpg

MackSalter.jpg

9. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I guess you are getting sick of the snow, Jap bikes run forever and are much more reasonably priced. I wasn't sick of the snow untill that last big dump, Maybe one morning I'll give you a call and I'll stop in and look at the Mack and then we can go for a coffee and compare war stories.

10. JohnnyRoyale

I've been at it for 15 years or so, and the lawsuits on the retail side were ********, but the money was good. We kept all the ones we had summer contracts with, and walked away from everything else. We sold a bunch of machines and pushers just before the winter. I won a battle with cancer this year and realized, life is more than work-and made the decision to enjoy life a little more... The last big dump went well for us-no breakdowns, and it was Sunday. The trucks parked in my yard in Innisfil. I'll have to clear a path to it though, as we/ve been piling snow in front of it. Gimme a heads up and I'll get it out for you. It would most probably make a nice truck for you-if the couple of properties I know you do are any indication of the other stuff you do.

11. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I didn't realize it was in Innisfil, I may have to wait untill the snow melts anyway. I actually have an 87 Mack, it's the exact mate to yours but blue. You deserve the rest, you can't work like a dog forever. As my dad says "we all end up with the same in the end"

12. JohnnyRoyale

10-4 Dave-can't take it with you.

13. JohnnyRoyale

Mack now $23,000.00 FIRM
    Loader now $23,000.00FIRM w/o pusher

Both going in the Truck Trader next week.

14. JohnnyRoyale

Bump-Loader has been SOLD....
    MACK IS STILL AVAILABLE.