1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Loader advice...please

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by maximus44, Nov 10, 2014.

1. maximus44

maximus44 Senior Member

I have shelfed the idea of the Versatile Tractor ,and am now looking at getting either a 2002 New holland w130tc 4900hrs, or 1999 JCB 436,with 7,000hrs
    The Jcb is about $10K less
    Thanks

2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I don't have any experience with JCB but, I have always been told to stay away from them. I'd go with the New Holland if it was me. When it comes to loaders, I'm a CAT guy.

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Unless you have a jcb dealer near you, the parts are expensive, and hard to come by. Imo. Go with the new holland

4. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Never run a New Holland wheel loader but I can tell you everything JCB I've ever run has been a colossal pile of crap.

5. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

I hate jcb stuff... Don't feel much better about new Holland loaders.. I have ran 4 or 5 nh loaders over the years and everyone was under powered.. also jerkey hydraulics.. look into cat, case, Deere, Volvo, kamatsu or dresser.

6. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

Ive heard same thing, jcb is cheaper to buy but not to own. New holland isn't expensive either and i always see tons beat the heck up.

cat is most expensive though "we considered them primarily but before JD was a little cheaper in our budget", then deere, then case and all those brands.

7. maximus44

maximus44 Senior Member

Thanks for the advice,guys. Always a great help.

8. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

we have a 409 site piece , and it has difficulty lifting a ton of anything .

9. rob_cook2001

I just purchased a case 721. In my opinion best bang for the buck on a snow loader is a case or dresser. They are on the lower side price wise, easier to work on and parts availability isn't bad.. planning on buying a second loader next summer and it will be either a case 621, dresser 515 or 518.. what size are you looking for?

10. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

original post answer

11. dr.diesel

dr.diesel Junior Member

I personally bought 2 older deere wheel loaders last year and made a bunch of money last year and hopefully this year. I am in the NW suburbs of chicago and the equipment goes all over the city and suburbs. In the end there are alot of good machines from all the manufactures but in the end dealer support in your area and parts availability should be your main focus when getting a machine. You are looking at relatively newer machines so parts shouldn't be a problem but rather dealer support. Both those machines are starting to get heavy with electronics so just keep that in mind. There is alot of dealer only stuff and im not sure where you live but if it takes 2 or 3 days to get a part out to you that could be a issue.

I personally bought older deeres and just love them. The most complicated electical part on the machines are the digital oil pressure gauges I put in them. Fog them with either and they always started at -10 when a newer machine in the lot across the street wouldn't. Older machines are not for everyone just my 2 cents.

12. rob_cook2001

Older machines are GREAT as Kong as they have not been trashed.. my 721c is newer than I like but couldn't pass it up.. as a rule I stay away from any loader or farm tractor newer than 1995.. unless it is brand new.