Snow Plowing Forum banner

loaded question. Snow Ex 1875, Salt in WNY.

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  lilweeds 
#1 ·
I'm the new owner of a new Snow Ex 1875, hitch mount, Vibrator & dual speed controller.
Guess the guy picked it up with the intent of using it on a small chain, lost the contract, tossed in the towel w/o ever having a chance to use it. I managed to pick it up for a steal of a deal.
Any pro's, con's, tips for this unit?

I understand it's designed for 50/50, straight sand or bulk. How would this unit handle/spread bagged product, loaded on site?

Obviously bulk is a heck of a lot cheaper & this unit was designed for bulk, so It's almost a no brainer. Except for the fact I have the ability to store bagged pallet material but not bulk. So I'm also looking for creative ways to store a small amount of bulk.
Small as in enough for a 15 space office lot. Plus a 1.5 acre lot that only requires salting (as needed) as the lot will only be open a coupe days a week.

I've been outta the salt loop for a while, so I'm looking for suppliers in the area as well.:dizzy:

#2 ·
what did you give for it?

#3 ·
when you go to access the swing gate , dont forget to re-attach the harness plug . i forgot a few times and it dragged on the ground a few miles here and there wearing out the grommet .
i then got smart and wire tied the slack where the installer did not .
keep both plugs clean and free of debri . keep fresh dielectric grease on also.
i hit the vibrator all the time , for free uniform flowing material , especially wet bulk.
on her fourth year of service .real nice piece.:nod:

#5 ·
WNYSeasonalSvs.;874100 said:
Little more than 1/2 of what the local dealers are asking.
So around $1500. That's a sweet deal! Congrats! I just paid almost $2500 online for mine. "local" dealers wanted $3000+.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.