1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Loaded for BEAR.....waitin for snow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Doin_It, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Doin_It

Doin_It Senior Member
    from Mt.

So the Blizzard 810PP plow is on the '91 F350 (V8 gas is you're wondering) The Fisher 1.5yard Poly Caster is in. The Protech SP10S's have been deliverd to the sites, and the Cat 246B is just waitin to burn some diesel doing some pushing.

Now we sit.......... and wait........and wait................maybe saturday the weather man says we might, just might get an inch, if we do, we're off to the races, on our 1" trigger contracts.

Truck 001.jpg

Truck 003.jpg

2. asps4u

asps4u Senior Member

Looks good :drinkup: All ready to go!

3. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Did you mean '01 F350? Looks sweet either way. Good luck this winter.

4. Doin_It

Doin_It Senior Member
    from Mt.

'91 - didn't you know I got a way early concept truck from Ford. Yea it's a '01.

5. sven_502

sven_502 Senior Member
    from ontario

I'm going to guess you've got a 5.4L V8 then. What rear gears does the truck have? Your MPG must really suck hauling that big cat around. How heavy is the trailer? It looks like its squatting pretty good. Nice equipment though, I like the look of the reg cab F350s.

6. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

since the skidder is 7200#, i would guess those are 3400# axles so she's a tad over, but hey who's counting... let it snow let it snow let it snow.:bluebounc

7. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Looking good bring on the SNOW

8. blakerugg

blakerugg Senior Member

hows the cat do in the snow with the wheels? we used to have a 277 with tracks and even with 24+ inches it was like there was no snow there

9. SuperdutyShane

He fit a skidder on a landscape trailer huh? :laughing: Not being a jerk just throwing it out there. :) I must seem like the "word nerd" huh.

10. sven_502

sven_502 Senior Member
    from ontario

Wonder if his trailer has brakes...:laughing: sorry shane had to do it lol

11. SuperdutyShane

I was thinking that question also :laughing:

12. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

I like the Ford and the Kitty!

Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
  13. SuperdutyShane

I could be the grammar nazi again! Haha. I understood what you meant however :p!:jester:

Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
  14. stroker79

I edited mine, now you edit yours

15. SuperdutyShane

What do you mean? The grammar nazi makes no spelling errors.. :D
    Im done making corrections for a while. I just like to jump in every couple months and correct some posts... :laughing:

16. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

So do you stock axles for it then? About 2600# over weight if those are the small axles. I would check though, I think they put heavy axles under some of those.

17. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

18. stroker79

Re read my post LOL. The original one :drinkup:

19. Doin_It

Doin_It Senior Member
    from Mt.

I was waiting for all the tough questions to start coming, seeing that when I originally posted, my post fell between, "F150/Skid steer", and, "reasons not buy a ford". What a place to end up with my Ford and all the stuff piled on the trailer.

To start it's not a "landscape trailer" it is a 16' car hauler for which I had 2 ramps made, 1 on the back, the other you see on the passenger side, plus of course the side rails. In the front are 2 boxes. 1 is expanded mesh with the top open, the other is a Buyers box, I took the lid off and had a nylon mesh cover put on, its easier to get into. In the winter, trimmer's racks come off also.

Axles are actually 5000 lbs, and yes it does have electric brakes, and a controller inside the truck to boot. In the pic. the tires are at 45 lbs. cause in the summer it rides so rough, so I run the tire pressure low for a nicer ride, as there are only 2 Exmarks, 2 push mowers, 2 trimmers and 2 blowers on the trailer. After I took the pic I backed it into the yard and aired up to 70 PSI so it looks better now. So yea, she's close if not a hair over. Our loop or route is less then 10 miles.

I pull the trailer in the summer with a 1991 (correct year this time SuperdutyShane) GMC 3500 crew cab on propane, with tilt box, only 61,000miles.

Yes it is. I'll have to check the rear end, but yea it likes to suck up the gas when pushing.

The CAT is a '05 with 702 Hrs. For us here a big snow is 6" to 8", it does great. With a 10' box, if its really wet, then on a full push it will start to crab and you have to take less.

For me it's all about maxing out my dollars, why have a separate trailer for the skid. I used to have a JD 5200 with a 7' flail mower that we did a lot of mowing for the railways. But that work is so hard on equipment that I quite 2 years ago, kept the 20' tilting trailer for the skid for 1 season and then decided to sell it and use this set up.

Super Shane
    Im is not a word "I am" would be correct or " I'm " would be gooder.........or should I say correcter. Of course if you are texting someone, it would mean "Instant Messaging -or- Immediate Message" but of course that wouldn't make sense in your sentence. :) Oh.........and nazi should be capatilized, Nazi, is a proper noun.

I hope that covered all your questions. Thanks,

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  20. mcfly89

mcfly89 Senior Member

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:drinkup::gunsfiring::laughing::laughing: