1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

loaded and ready to roll

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by payton, Jul 16, 2007.

1. payton

payton Senior Member

heres a load i just picked up i know someone will have something to complain about.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Well HOLY SH!T what are you doing with that? Transporting illegals back and forth across the border? AHAHAH Just Kidding.:D payup

3. payton

payton Senior Member

taking it to decatur il and dropping it off.

payton

4. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Wow. I thought you were hauling cars? What is in the container. Looks like the truck handles it well. Anyway it looks great.

5. Quality SR

One more thing, being that high do you feel a drag on the truck at all? I sent you a PM. Rich

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Watch out for low bridges!

low-bridge.jpg

7. snowman2025

snowman2025 Senior Member

i think you might be over loaded....HAHA...looking great, glad you were able to find some loads, just remember if you need another truck with trailer, give me a call

8. payton

payton Senior Member

actually im under 26k. and im not quite as tall as a normal semi.

so i should be good to roll.

and ill keep you in mind.

payton

9. unit28

unit28 PlowSite Fanatic

throw a couple more straps around that big sob.

Drive 'er round the block at night and check the headlight level

Looks cool, be safe.

10. payton

payton Senior Member

there are also 2 grade 70 chains holding the container down. one front and one rear. with boomers to secure it down.

payton

11. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

:waving: :D :eek: off to Utah!

paytons truck.jpg with logo (Small).jpg

12. payton

payton Senior Member

har har thats not bad.. lol

13. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

That is SOOOOO sweet!!! do you have your CDL or, do you need one for towing stuff like that with that setup? I'm droolin' over that! absolutely awesome!

14. mcwlandscaping

The second pic is now my desktop backround.......that's one of the coolest things ive seen in awhile and i know for sure my mouth would be on the floor and ide be stopped at a green light watching that go by!

15. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

holy sh!t that is one sweet rig good thing you got a real truck to replace the ford...that cummins will pull that in style.

16. payton

payton Senior Member

cdl laws have recently changed.
    now to tow any thing in excess of 10k lbs you must have a cdl. get caught with out and theres some serious trouble to be had.

so yes i have my cdls.

and thanks for the comments.

ive got a few other pics if you want for your screen.

payton

17. Quality SR

let see them

18. mcwlandscaping

YEA!! please load them up!!!

are CDL laws a federal thing or state thing? either way, what level(s) of CDL's do you have and how hard and how expensive is each level to obtain?

And also, when you say to tow anything over 10k, is that including the trailer weight as well? Because that would mean you'd need a CDL to tow a bobcat behind a 3500SRW pickup!

19. Quality SR

I know that you have to be 21 and over. I am going to get mine as well. I heard there is a license everything now. My uncle was telling me that years back he got his by saying he was a mechanic that worked on his fathers rigs. ( he would have to drive the rig back if broken down, things like that) He got his cdl with no driving test just a written.

20. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

Looks pretty good. The only advice i have, go on ebay and type in Dodge towing mirrors...BUY A SET:dizzy: . Get rid of them cheapo little strap on things. Im tellin you right now those dodge fold out towing mirrors are awesome, you will be able to look and see whats behind the tractor trailer drivin behind you. Good luck