1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Load rated tires, 02 Dmax Crewcab

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by NoStockBikes!!, Nov 5, 2004.

1. NoStockBikes!!

NoStockBikes!! Senior Member

I need new tires for my truck. My brother just bought a brand new Yukon XL, and upped himself to different rims and tires right away, so he has a full set sitting in his garage. So you're prolly seeing where the temptation is here.

They're NOT E-rated. 2400lbs, 44psi. Do I dare, or is it really dumb to do that to save a couple hundred bucks? I run a Western 8' Poly-Pro Ultramount.
  2. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

I would not use them on the truck if you are loading it....plow, salt, etc....
    Are the rims 6 lug or 8 lug??? Those tires sound like the same ones that came on my wifes Yukon(1500) 6 lug..... I put 6 ply(load range C) on it just for pulling the boat and Backup plowing.....
  3. NoStockBikes!!

NoStockBikes!! Senior Member

My brother's wheels are 6 lug, mine are 8. The more I think about it, the more I'm thinking I don't want to overwork tires to save a buck, cuz I know dang well that if one of them fails, I'll be wishing I could wave a magic wand, pay a few hundred bucks and have it never happen in the first place.
  4. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

A CC D/A has 3967 on the front axle with nobody in the cab and no plow on the front. You start adding gear, bodies, and plow mount, you'll be over you 4800lb (coincidently what your front axle is rated at) real quick.

If I were you I'd be looking at 3450lb rated tires for that truck (265's) to replace the 245's.