1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Load Leveling kit for Chevy

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by BossC/K1500, Oct 26, 2005.

1. BossC/K1500

BossC/K1500 Junior Member

Anyone tried a load leveling kit for Chevy? I hear it can really make a diff. Any insight? Also, looking into Temp sensor for tranny fluid? Any news on monitoring the tranny temp. Havent had trouble yet but thought it might be good for this year. Any suggestions on parts.

2. NEPSJay

NEPSJay Senior Member

Do a search for "timbrens". This subject has been discussed hundreds of times and there is post after post about them.:cool:

3. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

A lot of guys are running a set of Timbrens with the torsion bars turned up (including myself), and some have replaced the torsion bar keys with those out of an F-150. This will level your truck out, and help you carry the load a little better. Be careful of CV angles and such if you so raise the front.

As far as tranny temps you have two options:
    1). Buy a GM guage cluster that has the gauge to replace the cluster in your truck now (expensive way, but looks factory).
    or
    2). Get yourself a pillar mount guage (like I have) and hook it up yourself (least expensive way). Mine is an Autometer Ultra something or other. it comes with a sender you can either tie in-line with your trans lines or you can pop it into your test port.

4. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

BOSS............Don't waste your money. All that kit is new torsion bar
    index "keys". They are called eith Ford keys or Green keys !

You can pick them up at any GM dealer for about $50 bucks a pair !
    (They are actually 1/2 ton GM keys anyhoo...............

Check out this link for installation pics and instructions:
    http://fullsizechevy.com/fscu/fordkeys.shtml ................geo:drinkup:

5. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Oh yeah....and what he said!! I've seen those things going for upwards of 300smackers. :nod: Shouldn't be more than $50 or $60.

6. go plow

go plow Senior Member

i had a gmc 1500, that truck could not even hold a five gal. bucket, i put timbrens on it, i was loading pallets of wall block with no problem, timbrens really work well....

7. BossC/K1500

BossC/K1500 Junior Member

Thanks for the info

Thanks to all for the advice.