1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

LML known issues?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by John_DeereGreen, Feb 26, 2015.

1. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

Guys, I'm starting to think about a new truck for myself. More than likely going to be a 2014/2015 Duramax so I can run my Ebling.

Any major issues on the newer LML's that I should be aware of? How about low mile used, under 20K to watch for?

Side note, what are you seeing fuel consumption and DEF consumption?

It's staying stock.

2. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

I've got a '12 dmax 1 ton dump. It's a good truck. Average around 10mpg, but it's a dump and is always working. DEF consumption is around 1 gal per 1000mi. Coolant loss/ consumption is common, go to duramaxforum or dieselplace and read all about em.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  3. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Boooo... :(

4. vwmurph

vwmurph Member
    from Maine

I'm averaging about 1 gal DEF per 1,000 miles as well on my 13 with 26k. No issues with the truck. Mileage has been as high as 19 and as low as 12

5. John_DeereGreen

I've always been a fan of tuned diesels. But the 2 that have been emissions equipped trucks have been nothing but a complete nightmare after they were deleted and tuned. By a reputable tuner with EFI Live. Even my current 04 Dodge has been a pain. I gave up on the world of tuned diesels last October when I flashed it back to stock. I've had more fun driving it stock than I ever did tuned. Just wish I could get back the 20K worth of engine work and parts that I don't need now.

397 HP is more than enough power, and a warranty is worth more than any plus sides that may exist for deleting.

6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Iv'e deleted 3 LML's now and they've been trouble free for over 2 years. My 15 was done with 2k on it. Just basically stock tuning with deletes. The 11's and up are a far superior truck then previous models.

7. DaBomb6988

DaBomb6988 Member

Totally agree. Never driven any GM that felt more confident with a plow hanging of the front of it. If they had came out with this suspension back when they switched to IFS, there would be less ''solid front axles are superior.''

8. John_DeereGreen

What did they change on suspension? I'm totally ignorant on GM stuff, other than the 90's/2000's need frame gussets to survive plowing long term.

9. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

4800 lb front axle to 6000 lb axle in 11'+

10. DaBomb6988

DaBomb6988 Member

11. John_DeereGreen

Thanks guys!