1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Llittle jerrie riggin goin on front endrail fab

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by jerrywane, Jul 6, 2011.

1. jerrywane

jerrywane Senior Member

Gotta a guy that took a 8.5 boss hd complete off a gmc,and welded too a f350.Looks nice and neat....says it was hardly used,but i am affraid of breaking the frame by only having 2 bolts per side yes 2 per side.I took some pics with my la- mo phone and dont know how to get them off.....I would rather have factory stufff,and when i looked @ the f350 set up,it had considerable more bolts,choice of hight ect.ect. Is my gut check confermed or denied Help.ME thinks i can get him to sell it to me cheeper ,but he still will not seperate the plow from the truck:help:
  2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

3. 2004chevy2500hd

2004chevy2500hd Senior Member

If you can, post the pics - would be interested to see the custom engineering...
  4. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

I welder and bolted my Boss RT1 to the frame of my 89 chev, and have had no problems at all, I check my truck after ever uses. If you think you will need more bolts then add them, can't hurt.
  5. jerrywane

jerrywane Senior Member

picin it up wendnesday wooo hooo

Talked the guy down too 2g for an almost new 8.5 boss hd......every thing but the mount.I will take my regular camera up there and take some more pics......says hes gonna leave the add on, on the truck because i really didnt want it.Does the factory kit only bolt to the rail or does it bolt to other parts of the frame? Looks like a good job ,but dont want to crack my frame..He is also including all hookups/lights/hydros.....AWSUME F.IN DEAL:yow!: If he just doesnt want the old one....maybe i will try and talk him out of it
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2011
  6. jerrywane

jerrywane Senior Member

see below....sorry,not edumakated nuffussmileyflag