1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Llc ??

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by mpgall26, Sep 1, 2011.

1. mpgall26

mpgall26 Senior Member

Going into my first season with a single 2500 HD and John Deere walk behind blowers. Insurance agent, lawyer friends, ect have really pushed the LLC idea. Already plan on commercial plates/policy with addition of 1/2 million GL also. Plan on taking any small commercial and residential I can handle this year, is this all overkill ? Some friends plow and dont have any of this.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

As the word of all the great plowers here, Check with a lawyer to see what is best for you!

3. mpgall26

mpgall26 Senior Member

Meeting with business lawyer and just wanted to hear from the front lines who may be doing similar. Don't want to put the family at risk but everybody has they're hand out.

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

You haven't seen anything yet!

5. mpgall26

mpgall26 Senior Member

GL is 2 million , not 1/2

6. mpgall26

mpgall26 Senior Member

i bet. Thanks Grandview

7. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

You answered your own question....do whatever it takes to cya...it'll be some $ well spent

8. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

I started just like you. I was LLC before I even plowed my first year. Its nice to separate personal from business, in case you F-up and they come for your finances.