1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

LIVE Q&A With Meyer & Diamond

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Sean Adams, Jan 28, 2004.

1. Sean Adams

Sean Adams Member

LIVE CHAT WITH MEYER/DIAMOND

Mark your calendars. Meyer/Diamond will host a live chat on Plowsite on Friday, February 6th. The discussion will be from 2:00 to 3:00. Representatives from the Meyer and Diamond Service, Engineering, Sales and Marketing Departments will be online for the discussion.

Some of the topics that we are preparing to discuss are; servicing and troubleshooting, product design and quality, and customer service.

If there are any other topics that you would like us to be ready to discuss or if you have questions on a specific product, please reply to this thread and we will make sure that we cover that issue.

We invite you to participate and look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for your continued support.

John Filing
    Marketing Manager
    Meyer Products, Inc.

2. Sean Adams

Sean Adams Member

This live Q&A session will not be held in a "chat room". It will happen here on the forum. The reps from Meyer and Diamond will answer questions and post them on the spot so they are live on the board. Just wanted everyone to know.

3. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

If we cant be here at that time, will we be able to see the topics at a later time????...Rob

4. Meyer/Diamond

Meyer/Diamond Sponsor

Rob, After the chat is done, I will post a summary of what was discussed and the things that were suggested. I'll also list any issues that need Meyer/Diamond's attention and try to give you an idea of how we will address those issues. Members can then reply to that post.

For anyone that can't be on-line for the chat, you can reach me anytime at plowsiteQA@meyerproducts.com.

5. POWERBAND

POWERBAND Member

Meyers abandoning Slickstick application with E-57 pump

MEYERS DISCUSSION:
    A search on the site will reveal there has been a lot of discussion on the inability to use the Slickstick (sp?) with newer pumps. The advisement from Meyers to use the newer Touchpad with the float delay circuitry addresses the symptom but doesn't solve the problem and appears to be a "work around" not a solution. Many posts I've read indicate a strong preference for the Slickstick over the Touchpad.
    I find the newer touchpad to be cumbersome and requires me to constantly look AT IT instead of the road, plow, and direction I'm headed. With the Slickstick, the tactile confirmation of plow direction and control is far superior. Also the dim float confirmation lamp is totally useless in the bright daylite of a winter landscape and the need to hold DOWN/FLOAT for an indeterminate time is distracting and means your hand is on the control instead of the steering wheel for a long time.
    I am sincerely hoping Meyers is listening to their revenue base and addressing the inadequacies of the poor substitute for the Slickstick. An electronic version of the tactile - friendly Slickstick could be another reason for purchase decisions in the competitive market. My dealer mentioned the same frustration with repeat Meyers customers unhappy with the abandonment of the favored controller.
    Thanks PB:cool:

6. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

im sure it will snow that day

7. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

I have had a problem with my Meyers Slick Stick, I contacted Meyers, and instantly the problem was solved. You can't get any better than Meyers if you have a problem. Your problem is their problem and they will handle it immediately to your satisfaction. I don't want to get into any details, but the problem was with a particular dealer and a part that I bought off of them, they told me to go to another dealer, and the whole situation would be resolved, and if there was a problem with the other dealer, contact them immediately. What more can you ask for? Not to say that Meyer is an easy touch, but if you have a legitimate problem, they will handle it.

8. Meyer/Diamond

Meyer/Diamond Sponsor

Hello everyone, thanks for joining us.

On-line today are Lou Orazem - Service Technician, Bob Potak - Senior Project Engineer, Janine Swidas - Sales Representative, and John Filing - Marketing Manager.

We will be here for the next hour to answer any questions or listen to any suggestion that you have.

If you have a question, reply to this thread, then refresh your screen for our answer.

Thanks for your participation, I hope this is useful to you.

9. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Whats the scoop on the E-57? Are you selling an upgrade kit for my old E-47? Chuck

10. Meyer/Diamond

Meyer/Diamond Sponsor

We do offer a pump and motor assembly to convert your e-47 to an e-57. The part number is #15869, the list price is $316.36.

11. Andy_d

Andy_d Junior Member

Hello I am just an observer today.

I am just watching on the sidelines today. No questions at this time.

Andy_d

12. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

I hope I'm not the only one here.... I here a lot of scuttlebutt about the "slick stick", and it not good for the newer pumps. I like the hard mounted controls. have a twin stick on my e-47 and the slick stick on my e-60s...Chuck

13. Meyer/Diamond

Meyer/Diamond Sponsor

We had alot of suggestions on offering a Slick Stick style controller. We would have to design a digital Slick Stick. I believe that the technology exists to do so and our Engineering department will look into a solution with our vendor.

14. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

So I should not be using a Slick Stick on my e-60?? Will it do damage? Chuck

15. POWERBAND

POWERBAND Member

Slickstick support

Somehow I posted this on main board as new thread so I'll try again:

Slickstick support

I literally just got in from plowing and am anxious to know if Meyers reps can respond to my previous post concerning the abandoning of the popular slickstick controller. The previous post pretty much summed up my chagrin at not having any alternative to the cumbersome newer electronic controller and my frustration with its operation in daylight and hold to float timing circuitry.
    Thanks PB:cool:

16. MeyerService

MeyerService Sponsor

Slick Stick vs. Touchpad

Your individual switches and slick stick were standard equipment for the E-47. The E-57/E-60 uses the Touchpad . The slick stick used with a E-57/E-60 will show a smooth left angle and a jerk to stop right angle. This happens since the motor running by itself will angle left and the motor and C solenoid for angle right. Since the E-57/E-60 motors are much bigger than the E-47 they will coast longer and will try to angle left after the right angle switch is released. This will not damage the hydraulics but may shake your truck a little.

17. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

I know the feeling, but if doesn't hurt any thing I will stay with it. I like having control fixed, right below my shifter. Never have to look at it....Chuck

18. SnowLane

SnowLane Senior Member

Thinking of getting a new plow. Should I plow with the ST or C?

19. MeyerService

MeyerService Sponsor

ST vs. C series plows

The ST/STP plow is only designed for 1/2 ton trucks. This plow should only be used for personal, non-commercial plowing. For commercial plowing we recommend the C/CP series plow be used on 3/4 ton to 1 ton trucks. The HM series plow be used on vehicles 17000-27000 GVW and the Aggressor series plow for 27000-33000 GVW vehicles. Be sure to match your vehicle and what you want to do (commercial or personal) with the correct plow

20. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Fluid additives

Perhaps since we are using your pumps you could put out some guidelines for fluids and additives. I have seen several people here on this site tell other members to put alcohol in their pumps to alleviate freeze up problems. Personally I think this is wrong advice, (o rings being damaged and Such)...Chuck