1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Little video from my steep driveway new years eve

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by 20Silverado05, Jan 1, 2010.

1. 20Silverado05

20Silverado05 Senior Member

2. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Nice! Do you have your back-up lights on the back rack on a 3 way switch or just when they come on in reverse.

3. 20Silverado05

I have them on a on/off switch Because i dont want them to come on when i unlock my truck

4. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Ok thanks.

5. bossman22

bossman22 Senior Member

This may sound stupid but why dont you want them to come on when you unlock you truck?

6. 20Silverado05

Because i don't need that much of a courtesy light . idn

7. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

If you put them on a three way switch, you can have them either "off" "on" or "on w/reverse" then you could shut 'em off completely when you get out of the truck for the night, and they won't come on when you unlock it (as courtesy lights) but when you get in to plow you can turn 'em on to "on w/reverse" and they will save a little battery. Or "on" you can get out of truck in park and see in the bed or behind you... just a thought... I had them that way on one of my previous trucks. The ones I have on this truck are just either on or off, because I didn't feel like messing with the extra effort of wiring for reverse function, but I may change that one day soon... Also it has a 100 amp alternator and dual batteries so i'm not that worried about battery drain really, will probably leave 'em on the whole time i'm in a dark lot pushing.

Good luck this year.