1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Little Project, Lets Hear From The Peanut Galery

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by White Gardens, Nov 10, 2011.

1. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Couple of people so far say they like it. The blue came out a shade lighter than I wanted, but over-all It's starting to grow on me.

The black is actually bed-liner. I was going for the most durable finish I could.

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

Def interesting, Will get you noticed for sure.
  3. White Gardens

My primary business color is a process blue, or pure cyan, so that's what I was shooting for. The color doesn't quite match it, but it's close.

4. White Gardens

Wow, really surprised no one else has commented, I'm disappointed in you Plow-site members. :)

5. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

I like it. Don't know about the bed liner on the back but whatever. Put up a pic of it on the truck so we can see the match you were going for.
  6. White Gardens

When it's all done I'll definitively shoot a pic. Might be a week or so. The match was my vinyl logo on the side of the truck and to also match the black dump bed.

The bed liner looks goofy, but I was shooting for the most flexible and durable finish. After watching Myth-Busters a couple of weeks ago, I was sold on it. Some of the tests they ran with it showed just how durable and scratch resistant it was.

As for fleixiblity, one thing I've noticed over the years is how much vibration and flexing a plow can produce. I was trying to minimize cracking in the paint.

I was also thinking of using an under-coating or Plasti-Dip type application for the back, but my thoughts were that bigger particles in the bed-liner paint was going to act like re-enforcement for better durability.

7. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

well you asked for it. :nod:

it looks just a little [​IMG]
  8. White Gardens

Ha! Now that sounds like a plow-site comment. :salute:

Reason for the light/medium blue I use for my logo is that psychologically it's the most relaxing color. The thought is that it would appeal to my customers.

Someday when I'm really doing some branding, I'll paint my trucks up in a light blue. But for now I'm sticking with white trucks and blue lettering.

9. 7_below

7_below Senior Member

That is some funny sh!t right there man. Haha

But seriously, I'm not a huge fan of that shade of blue. Looks more like turquoise. Thats just my 2¢. Like my old man used to say "opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one".
    Happy Plowing:)
  10. White Gardens

I checked it today and it came out a bit darker after drying, and the stupid camera on my phone doesn't take to good of pics.

And I also wonder if the yellow underneath is also causing that turquoise color. Might have to give it a third coat for good measure.

11. 7_below

7_below Senior Member

Its possible with that yellow underneath. Are you mixing colors yourself? If so, I would find out how to make it a bit darker. Maybe add black. Dunno
  12. White Gardens

No, I had Sherman Williams mix the paint. Unfortunately they couldn't match exactly the process blue I was looking for, but we looked through the paint selection and came as close as we could.

Other option would have been to go to an auto body shop, but I didn't want to pay an arm and a leg to get paint to put on a plow.

13. 7_below

7_below Senior Member

You'll be fine. Just roll with it and make some money! :D
  14. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

You did too good of a job for me to make "an off color" comment
  15. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I'll be real honest, I don't care for it.
  16. White Gardens

Duly Noted.
  17. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

18. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Sherman Williams????.....Is that Sherwins Brother...:laughing:

Its Eye catching...Looks Pretty Good......:salute:
  19. snocrete

snocrete Banned

I could multi quote but dont need 2...I think your getting the responses you expected Nick. :laughing: I cant beleive I missed this thread till now, but as you know, I think it looks good with your exsisting theme.

Hmmm, Sherman Williams, need to check them out:laughing:
  20. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

So after you plow with that that blade do you feel the need to sit down and pee? ;) I actually don't mind the color but need to see it on the truck.