1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

little new to this forum.. which blower??

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by black, Jul 12, 2013.

1. black

black Junior Member

i have 2 snowblowers i'm looking at. not sure of age of either i'm assumign at least 4 yo...
    one is the MTD Yardman 26"2-Stage 8.5HP model # 31AH5C3F401 ( askign 550)

The other is a toro powershift 924 or 824 blower.( from 250 - 400 asking price

Any input on either is appreciate

This is for my 2200 sq ft driveway w/a downward slope and 200 feet of sidewalk.

2. leon

leon Senior Member

snow blower roulette

Hello Black,

I have owned Toro tractors and snowblowers for 35 years and I will strongly suggest you purchase the Toro as it will be simpler to service and obtain parts through a local Toro dealer.

Buy the Toro have it serviced and have the drive tires filled with windshield washer fluid and you will be genuinely surprized by the amount of traction you will gain. I would also purchase a set of tire chains for it as well as they will aid you 500 percent for traction.

You can take the tires to a local tire store to have them fill them for you rather than buying the tire filling valve- Unless you have a lawn tractor that needs more traction like I have done.