1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

little help with fish stick

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by 350 STROKER, Oct 23, 2006.

1. 350 STROKER

350 STROKER Member

Does anyone now how to test the fish stick itself? End of last year I was having a problem with the blade on my 01 going the wrong way when the left or right button was pushed. the problem seemed to be more right than left. you would push on the rh angle button, it would start to angle and then seem to get confused on which way it wanted to go. it didn't do this all the time but got to be a pain in the butt. I just wanted to test it before I replaced it. they are not cheap. the place that does our new installs says they just replace them. I guess if we had money falling out our butts we would do that to.. anybody that has any input, please send it on.. thanks in advance.. Rich

2. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

It's probably a bad circuit board,don't let them sell you a complete Fish-stick,they should at least offer to test the plow with one of their controlls,i do it for my customers all the time.

3. It's probably not the Fishstick at all. There have been many problems with the wiring harness that will give you the exact same condition you are describing.

4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I've had similar problems with an older Fishtick. If it's doing "something", just not what it's supposed to, make sure it's not low hydraulic fluid. Then, gently remove the circuit board from the controller without disconnecting the wires and use a can of compressed air to blow it out.

If it's not doing anything, it's likely the connection to the truck side is corroded. Try jiggling it to make a temporary connection and replace the harness.

5. 350 STROKER

350 STROKER Member

Thanks for all the help.. I ordered a new board last week.. all the connections look good outside the truck so hopefully the board will fix it.. for 175 buck it better..

6. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

I just hooked up my plow and it wouldnt go back down, i used my spare and worked fine..whats the board going for or better yet someone have one out there? i did see a whole controller on craigs list for 125.00

7. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

check the valves mine did the same thing but it was one of the valves being bent

8. 33yearsinsnow

33yearsinsnow Senior Member
    from ohio

If you are looking for a used controller remeber Fisher and Western controller's are interchangable. Also Buyers Products is making aftermarket controllers for about $200.00

9. CHRISB2006

CHRISB2006 Junior Member

I just installed myself a new 7-1/2' MM and when I press the right button the blade turns left and when I press the left it turns the blade turns to the right. I tried this weekend to just switch the wires on the solinoids but that did not work. I guess I will live with it.

10. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

If you are sure you are wired up right at the valves then your hoses are crossed.

11. mansf123

mansf123 Senior Member
    from mass

I had the same exact problem as you. I replaced solanoid, pump-motor assembly, fuses and then found out it was the controller. I would take it to a fisher dealer and ask them too hook it up to another truck.