1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

little help with bidding this

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Enviouslawns, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Enviouslawns

Enviouslawns Senior Member

2. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

Which one building??? I come up with an entrance to a townhouse community.

Either that, or there's 2 office buildings, but I would imagine that those 2 would be bid out together.
  3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

About all the hepl I have tonight for you.
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2008
  4. Enviouslawns

sorry, its only the building on the left and not the entrance leading to the townhomes. the guy owned both building but sold one, so now theres 2 companys
  5. LwnmwrMan22

$2400 for the season, all snow pushed to the "left" end of the parking lot, not pushed over the curb, stacked in the corner parking stalls.

Trigger at 1.5", 6 month contract, November through April, no sidewalks.

That's my quick answer.

And that's with using MY amounts of snow I get, on average 18 plowing events per year, although for the last 5 years the most we've had was 16, and the lowest was 7.
  6. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

45 minutes to plow it (1-6")

I push a lot almost exaclty like that except I have 3 rows of cars on the bottoms and 1 row of cars along the left (so mine is bigger), It takes me almost exactly an hour. Yours is smaller.

That's pushed correctly BTW, over the curbs, no spots lost, no snow left by the building.
  7. LwnmwrMan22

There ya go...

take Lone's 45 minutes, my $125 / time on the seasonal rate, and you're grossing $150 / hour, pushing it wherever you want.

That's how mine are run.

If it snows 25 times that season, again, my numbers, your area might be different, you're down to around $100 / hour.

If it snows 8 times that season (like it did here 2 years ago) you're grossing around $300 / hour. At least the whole time you're getting the truck payment covered no matter what, plus some.
  8. Enviouslawns

thanks for the input, i wanted to see if my price was to low, its my first year plowing and salting i charge them 175 to push up to five inches, 350 over 5, and 175 to salt .