1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

little help with a small condo bid

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by the new boss 92, Feb 21, 2010.

1. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

so i got asked yesterday to throw in a bid by a condo manager for a per event pricing, i have never done anything this size and was wondering if you guys can give me a little help.

main points:
    -3 main roads we have to do are quail run ct, pine oak ct and ash ct
    -36 driveways sidewalks up to front doors have to be done
    -public walk along robbins that needs to be shoveled
    -we do the 3 roads except robins
    -salt the roads
    - everything gets pushed to the west noting east
    -its going to take me approx 1.5-2 hours to do by myself with 2 people shoveling
    -ill be using the truck in my sig, but with a new v blade nex year!

what do you guys think this should be bid at? how much for salt to? we already got them by the balls and they want a bid for next year by tuesday becaus the guy i work for does the summer maintnenss over there as well. what do you guys think? correct me if im wrong but the way i calculated it i got 880 an event with salt does this seem right, i think its a little steep but i have never estimated anything like this before! any help would be great!

of course the link:
  2. the new boss 92

the driveways are no longer then my truck, single cab short bed!
  3. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

Will you have it in the summer?
  4. the new boss 92

The guy I work for in the winter does, he bid it and got it, but is giving it to me to do because he tired of plowing but he's more or less helping me out. Him and I want to make sure he's not screwing me on money and I'm not screwing him typ of thing, there for he asked me to get a bid sheet ready and we will sit down and talk once I get my price I'm willing to do it for. But he does the summer maintness and ill do the winter work there.
  5. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

Those driveways are gonna be a PITA with a truck, especially if there is one car in the drive. We had the same kind of thing but dropped them this year. Ours was 4 times the size. We had a skid steer with 8ft box. The skid and one truck could do it faster and better then 4 trucks. But, it could be done. I am not sure if you have to salt driveways, but if so, that sucks to have to back into each one
  6. the new boss 92

nope just the streets, the drives just get plowed and there done.
  7. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

Instead of getting a v-plow you might want to consider a back blade, or a front blade with down pressure. The drives are to short to back drag, and turn around then push out, so I would think dragging it all out to the street, and then plow the street. Therefore I would think a back blade would be best.
  8. the new boss 92

you think i could get away with a back draging edge,im limited on space so really dont have anywere to keep it other then on the truck and i like to take everything off after it donw snowing!