1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

little help please

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by johnslawn, Nov 8, 2009.

1. johnslawn

johnslawn Member
    from ma

I just changed oil on my, rt3, straight blade. Drained all 3 cylinders and reservoir. put in almost 3 quarts of oil. oil coming out of overfill which I know will stop.

Problem is plow going side to side is sloppy. I can also move blade couple of feet just push/pull with my hands.
    Air ? let sit for a bit? Last winter had a small problem, blade would go all the way to its stop sometimes. left or right. from what I read here was to change oil and check valves.
    Any help while its a nice day out here so I can finish this.
  2. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds like there is air in the system....
    Work it back and forth a few times should help get the air out
    The other problem may be to relief valve ... Broken spring or dirt ... May need cleaning..Talk to Mfr..you may be able to turn pressure up a little,just a little(1/4 turn) if spring is getting weak...
    I have a Hiniker talked to Mfr.they said possibly same problems I stated...It was ok to turn them up a little (1/4 turn)... If spring was getting weak ... For a temporary fix ...
  3. johnslawn

johnslawn Member
    from ma

yea thats what I am thinking also. Guess all I can do is wait for air to purge and check valve.
  4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member