1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Little Help Please

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Boogerman2000, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Boogerman2000

Boogerman2000 Junior Member

Since the last use about a month ago, I've had the truck parked. I have a rapidtach II v plow. Everything worked fine prior to parking. I was going to move the truck to take the plow off and the plow will not move. The solenoid clicks but nothing. I changed out the solenoid with a new one but still nothing. I'm getting about 14 volts on both sides of the solenoid and at the pump when trying to lift the plow. I checked the fuel levels and they were ok. I cleaned the square plug and still nothing. I'm wondering what else I could check. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

the brushes in the pump motor are probably stuck. hit the motor with a hammer :)

3. Boogerman2000

Ill give it a try

4. Boogerman2000

Worked like a charm! Thanks....why does that happen?

5. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Old age maybe?

6. jklawn&Plow

jklawn&Plow Senior Member

I would suggest taking the motor apart and clean out the brush dust. This may not be what caused your issue but it should stll be done.

7. Boogerman2000

To take it apart dont I just have to take out the connections where the two main power cables connect?

8. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

No the whole motor has to come out. The outter housing is seperate from the brushes inside.

9. Boogerman2000

Sounds like a project...thank you for the help.

10. jklawn&Plow

jklawn&Plow Senior Member

Its a small project but you can inpect the brush wear and keep yourself from the eventual field breakdown related to this failure mode.