1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Little help please? Seniors home.

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by ScnicExcellence, Dec 7, 2009.

1. ScnicExcellence

ScnicExcellence Senior Member

I am leaving ot look at a seniors home tonight.

I can price it without problems, only thing i am worried about and have a question on is!

Since it is a seniors home and has the high risk of someone falling, whether it is slippery or not. Should i price this lot higher than i would of a regular lot this size?

What are your thoughts on pricing seniors home, there is 25 to 30 spots and a 200 ft laneway with a turnaround in front of the building. I will be responsible for shoveling the walkways at the building as well.
  2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I would bid it as I would any other property. I think you would be surprised as to how many slip & falls they actually have. Most senior homes have policies in place regarding there staff accompanying there residents. That only leaves family members and what not. There is no more of a risk there then there is at say a flower shop or a hotel. I might bump the salt usage up, especially on the walks, but thats about it.

Keep in mind how much these places get paid as well. My Grandmother is in a home now at the tune of $6k per month. Granted she has Parkinson's which requires a bit more care, but even entry level care is at $5100 per month. There not hurting for $$, that's for damn sure.
  3. ScnicExcellence

This is the property and it is for subbing it.

I am not the direct contractor on this one. I am responsible for walkways and salt on walkways as well as plowing, the guy i am subbing through is doing the salting of the lot.
  4. ScnicExcellence

Well i got this one for $600 a month and i have done it three times this month, Takes me about 15 minutes to plow and 10 minutes to shovel.
  5. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I service to large senior homes. The thing you'll learn is they complain alot. If it's a storm dumping 2 feet they dont care. They want everything clear. If it's sleeting and freezing rain, they want it down to the pavement. They also have no patients for salt to do it job and melt ice.