1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Little Help on wiring harness

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Boogerman2000, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Boogerman2000

Boogerman2000 Junior Member

Hello,
    I have a RTII v plow and I need to order a MSC03741 which is the plow side 11 pin wiring harness. My wire coming from my passenger side headlight is also bad. It plugs into the above mentioned wiring harness. My question is if anyone knows if your can purchase a new wiring harness from the headlight to the plow side MSC03741. Also, any recommendations on where the least expensive place to get either of these items is?

Thanks
    Darren

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Light pigtail harness isn't available separately for the old lights. Need to make your own with a few conjoining connector plugs.

3. Boogerman2000

Boogerman2000 Junior Member

Would the plugs for the end of those pigtails be available. I really hate to just splice the wires, I think that is one thing the caused a problem to begin with.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I never reuse the old molded rubber plugs myself. When they or the harness becomes a problem I simply replace both halves with sealed weather pack connectors. No additinal splices that way.

When assembled correctly they'll out last the lights or the other factory connections in the harness themselves.