1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

little help/advice

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by softail250, Nov 21, 2014.

1. softail250

softail250 Junior Member

Hey guys, I'm going to an auction tomorrow and am considering bidding on a 2007 gmc 2500 with a Meyer ag8 plow set up on it. I am not familiar with Meyer snow plows at all. I have not actually seen the truck in person yet, and won't until the auction tomorrow, so I'm trying to get all my ducks in a row so to speak. The auctioneer is the one that told me the plow is an ag8, and he also said it does NOT have a remote, so I will need to find a way to get the plow to mount up and pick up to drive it home. I'm really not trying to bash a brand here, but I've called a couple local (PA) Meyer dealers to find out what I can expect to pay for a controller and nobody had one in stock, and two different guys told me they don't particularly like dealing with the "express mount" plows. I'm attaching a picture of the truck itself ( don't have a pic of the plow) , is the push bar looking device on the front of the truck indicative of the express plow system ? . I actually thought it was a homemade push bar just mounted into the plow mounts, that would need to be removed when installing the plow. Can somebody set me straight here as to what the ag8 actually is, and is it an "express mount" ?

gmc front.jpg