1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Little fun at work

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by SServices, Sep 9, 2010.

1. SServices

SServices Senior Member

I installed the grapple on our badger excavator for brush collection. Making sure there weren't any leaks or problems.

2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Cool, now lets see it in action
  3. SServices

SServices Senior Member

I'll shoot some video when we start next week.
  4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Nice grapple. I have never heard of a Badger excavator.
  5. SServices

SServices Senior Member

They are mainly built for the railroad, their made in MN. Its mainly used for ditching. Out of all wheeled excavators it drives down the road the best, long wheel base, big tires, AWD. Way better than a gradall.
  6. Art Beach

Art Beach Junior Member

Just woundering if you have had many problems with that badger? We have the same machine (97') a few years ago a guy was running it down the road and it started to wheel hop and the front axle shaft and housing broke the machine ended up on it's side with the left front wheel right under the cab. We had problems with the front parking brake locking up while in transit before this, so that very well could be the reason the axle broke.
  7. SServices

SServices Senior Member

We haven't had any real problems with it. We have had some heater issues but thats about it. Our machine has about 3200 hrs. on it, so it just getting broke in. I could see if you had issues with the parking brake locking up in transit, it would cause some major mechanical issues. I know going down the road it does like to bounce pretty good. One thing with the badgers they are behind the curve on the technology side.
  8. Jello1

Jello1 Senior Member

Very cool machine. That attachment could do alot of things.
  9. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

arent they made by case? paint sure looks the same
  10. JoeCool

JoeCool Senior Member
    from Canada

I think so too, Drott....Case.....Badger.?
  11. SServices

SServices Senior Member

12. JoeCool

JoeCool Senior Member
    from Canada

True, but the Cruz-Air model designation is more than coincidence. They must have bought the rights/patents/division at some point. I know a guy who has had Drott since I was a kid, then had a Case, now has a Badger. Very similar and just has to be connected. He had me make up custom Badger decals for this machine and I thought he was rebadging a painted Case with his own personal ideas. But I was wrong...

Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
  13. SServices

SServices Senior Member

I think back in the day, way before I was there(at work) they had a drott that was pretty close to the badger. I agree with you that there had to be some kind of deal with the designs, because there isn't any debate on the similarities of the machines. I'll do some research and see what I can find out.
  14. SServices

SServices Senior Member

You were right joe;
    "Badger acquired the Cruz-Air line of rubber-tired excavators from J.I. Case in 1994. The first model of a new family of high-pressure hydraulic telescopic excavators was introduced in August 1995."