1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

List the best cleaners now

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by DJ Contracting, Mar 5, 2009.

1. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

OK so the weather is changing and it's time to give the truck a thorough cleaning and I need ideas on a good carpet cleaner for the drivers side floor board so let the fly guy's list the best cleaners now
  2. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

I prefer to just use my steam cleaner in the spring to clean the trucks. Usually use the zep brand soap in the machine.
  3. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

I cleaned out the truck today and the carpet looks horrible so I thought that i'l have to scrub it really good then use the steam cleaner but just looking for a good spray on cleaner that I can rub in.
  4. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

simple green. spray, let it soak, scrub with a brush, extract.
  5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Any spray on rug cleaner will work but you need a very good vacuum cleaner to get the dirt out.
  6. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

steam clean it.. or just go to a detail place and have them shampoo the rugs.. works great
  7. deckboys

deckboys Senior Member

that is why i love my rubber floor in the truck..
  8. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

Half gallon of gas and a match. Come on you can do it. It is part of the stimulus package for the economy. Employs fire fighters, Insurance adjusters, Arson Investigators, police, the list goes on and on... Or you can use a can of easy out.:D
  9. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Not sure of the best product, but if you use a steam or wet cleaning method, or have it shampood by a detail shop, make sure to leave the windows open and park it in the sun whenever possible...the moisture buildup inside from evaporation cna be significant...and if your carpets are not properly dried out and the cab venitlated you can have condensation, rust and potentially electrical problems.
  10. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Holy Cow Concentrated Cleaner. Totally organic and biodegradeable.