1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Liquids on walks?????

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Mike S, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

Ok who is using it on walks? Pros and Cons?
  2. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

Wow no one has any thing to say.................. Thats a first
  3. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Probably because you didn't ask for pricing/plow choice/Chevy-ford-dodge/ifs and or bitching about lowballing. Lol
    I've toyed around with using it for walks but practical implentation won't come for us until we look further into using liquids full scale. I would imagine the downfalls are minimal and using the correct chemical would have zero impact on surrounding turf/shrubs and concrete surfaces.
  4. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

Works great.
  5. szorno

szorno Senior Member

Can be really useful on textured concrete or paving bricks depending on the liquid you choose. Also works well on grated metal steps (per a friend of min in St Louis)
  6. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

products like bare ground work well but not always cost effective.....unless buying in large quantities
  7. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I have been using Panther Pink or EnviroGreen liquids at just under $1 a gallon with great results. I am getting around 1000 sq ft per gallon on a post treat and doulble that on a pretreat.
  8. Plow Solutions

Plow Solutions Junior Member

Is there any cons when using it say at a strip mall where there is alot of doors (metal) rusting on the bottom ?
  9. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Most commercial doors are aluminum, but we have seen no signs of rusting on the steel doors. My truck has been used to spray chlorife with for 6 years and I don't even have rust on the rear bumper or brackets.
  10. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

Liquid on walks

We've been using liquids on walks for a few years now. Works great. We can treat the day before and keep the snow from bonding to the walk. Then your shovel crew (or you) spend less time and material coming back to shovel.

We use iceproof or ApexMeltdown and both work very well. We spray with a SnowEx sprayer.