1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Liquids in southern WI

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Schuley, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Schuley

Schuley Senior Member

Does anyone know where I can Buy liquid calcium chloride in the southern WI area?
    None of the suppliers I am calling have it or know where to get it...

2. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

We had talked to John Deere Landscapes about it a year or so ago, and they provided us with pricing. Never ended up buying any....

3. Schuley

Schuley Senior Member

Apparently they don't sell it anymore....

4. JunkFood331

JunkFood331 Junior Member

There is a tire shop just west of kenosha county that sells it. I will look later in by office for the info and post it. Thumbs Up

5. Rob From APE

Rob From APE Junior Member

We carry the Sulli Hot and Eco Brine in Northern Illinois. It is a Calcium, Magnesium, Potasium and Solium blend. Melting down to 17 below F. If you are interested in more info feel free to contact me.

6. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

Try Sicalco Ltd. 312-404-9207 Their 4,000 gallon tanker was in my driveway this morning. Don't know where you are in wisc, but give them a call. I deal with Kevin.

7. JunkFood331

Alright I found the info,

LOIS TIRE SHOP
    916 MILWAUKEE AVE
    BURLINGTON, WI 53105
    Phone: (262) 763-6288
    Fax: (262) 763-9039

http://www.loistireshop.com

Hope it helps.

8. JunkFood331

Here if you want to try playing around with beet juice there is another supplier:

PETE'S TIRE SERVICE
    W8285 Sunrise Lane
    Whitewater, WI 53190
    Phone: (262) 473-8788
    Fax: (262) 473-7228
    http://www.petestire.net

I used it for tire ballast, but road dept's have been experimenting with it as chloride substitute, additive, ect.

I haven't had time to give it a try.

9. bharkness

bharkness Junior Member

Hey guys call John Kollman at Mineral Point he has liquid and I have had good luck with it, I have used it in temps down to -10 below for anti-icing and de-icing and I put it on salt also for ice and hard pack snow. His number is 708-878-5246

10. Schuley

Schuley Senior Member

Thanks guys!