1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

liquid truck application

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by twincityerosion, Jan 19, 2012.

1. twincityerosion

twincityerosion Junior Member

I am in the finishing stages of building my liquid tank and spray bar, but i cannot decide the spacing of the stream nozzles. 20"? It seems to me that 20" is too wide. Anyone have suggestions or specs i could go off of? I havent purchased the tips either so if there is a tip better than the other out there please let me know.

tom

2. Tbrothers

Tbrothers Senior Member

Drill 1/8 in holes in a sch 80 pvc pipe every 6in. works great and you don't have to worry about plugging tips in the middle of winter. what liquid are you going to spray?

3. AndersonCS

AndersonCS Member

Sj3 tips spaced @ 8" seems to work great tor me[8/B]

4. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

DIDO, this is how one of our bars is set up and works great. Our other bar has actual stream nozzles and they are spread out about every 12" and I think the coverage is terrible, this weekend I am drilling 3/16 holes in between the nozzles. We drill 3/16 holes in everything, try different sizes but we found 3/16 works very well.

5. peterng

peterng Senior Member

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  6. peterng

peterng Senior Member

Brian,

What all are you running now for liquid applicators ?
    Pete

7. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

Personally I use SJ3's, so I can change flow rate if I want. Kubota can comment on spacing but im thinking about 15" apart would work. Depends how high you are off the ground aswell,