1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Liquid Spreaders?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by affprop, Nov 30, 2003.

1. affprop

affprop Junior Member

I saw a system from Turbo Turf for 3800.00+/-. I really liked it but are there any other systems that are more affordable, and durable. I really want to get into liquid this year I really do believe it will help. And also for those that already do spread liquid have you noticed any real less wear and tear and time savings? Thanks. Steve

2. szorno

szorno Senior Member

affprop,
    Start by finding a good supplier first. Your supplier will make you or break you. Then do a search for an outfit called Dultmier Sales. They have several packages, but are not real keen on customizing them. Try search for Kois Bros, and Prestige Inc too. Email me if you don't find what you are looking for. I can get you phone numbers but would have to dig a bit.:D

3. capital

capital Senior Member

We began running a brine system last winter and saw a marked improvement in all aspects of job performance. IE less ice building up on parking lots, less use of calcium after the fact and less wear and tear on our trucks due to snow not being able to attach it self to parking lot pavement. We use Hydro Terra system with a 375 gallon truck mounted system. WWW.Hydroterraproducts.Com I think the system does what we want and with the spray system and production system I think we came in under $3000.00. The first year out you will have to learn the in's and outs but it does increase revenue while decreasing cost. We currently require it on all lots we plow and today we will have a crew running pre spray because it is projected to snow tonite............so you gain revenue before it even snows. On the hydro terra system they use an electric engine and found for parking lots this is more than adequate since you are not driving down the interstate and moving at high speeds like your local county or state dot. If you have questions you can contact me direct. Good luck.