1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Liquid Sprayer Help

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by JCPM, Nov 1, 2009.

1. JCPM

JCPM Senior Member
    from CT

I am interested in purchasing a 300 or 500 gallon liquid anti icing sprayer for this Winter. Does anyone have any suggestions?
  2. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

3. JCPM

JCPM Senior Member
    from CT

I was actually just looking on Northern Tool for parts to build one. Do you know of a better site to find skid tanks?
  4. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Look around locally to find a used one to see if you even like the liquid set up.
  5. JCPM

JCPM Senior Member
    from CT

I've been using Magic Salt with excellent results but I only have one spreader. Some of my accounts aren't't worth putting down Magic Salt so I just use sand/salt mix. I would like pre-treat with liquid Magic O with one truck and sand with the other. Also, I figured that liquid would cost about 50% less than pre-treating with granular.
  6. ChlorideGuy

ChlorideGuy Member

give us a ring we can hook you up with all the parts or get them yourself from Riddick Equipment there out of N.C Todd Williamson is the sales guy tell him that The Chloride Guy sent you there he will give you a better price. Then call us for liquid 1 877 34BRINE

7. JCPM

JCPM Senior Member
    from CT

Does anyone have experience with electric units vs gas? It seems that the price difference is large enough to take a chance on an electric unit.
  8. ChlorideGuy

ChlorideGuy Member

You can use electric, However the gas driven will have more pressure and volume so you can appoly at a faster rate.
  9. turboguy

turboguy Member

I would suggest trying TSC if you have one in your area. One of the problems with plastic tanks is freight and they would get them in with truckloads so the freight would be better. Plastic tanks are cheap the freight can be half as much as the tank.
  10. turboguy

turboguy Member

The best output I have seen on an electric pump is 11 GPM. There are lots of them such as the sureflo's that only put out 3-5 GPM which isn't enough. 11 GPM will run a one lane boom just fine.
  11. kyle1710

kyle1710 Member
    from ohio

Any idea on where to find one that does 11 GPM? I have looked all over with no luck.
  12. fourthcoastcont

fourthcoastcont Junior Member

yes where can we find that kinda pump
  13. mlbock

mlbock Junior Member

you could buy one a lot cheaper and it's ready to go. it seems we look outside the box on certain things, like trying liquid, but then we fall back into the same old routine of supporting a salesmen or paying very high dollar for equipment that is already available at a low price!!
  14. 4700dan

4700dan Senior Member
    from Ohio

Liquid salt

Here is what you need, all plastic or rubber parts, a transfer pump, and a boom from Turbo Turf all for around 1500.00. Just got done building another one.
  15. mlbock

mlbock Junior Member

we're looking at a 3 ton truck, hydraulic 60' boom, gps moniter, auto controls, 2000 gallon tank - $5000.00
  16. capital

capital Senior Member

Recommend you find a farm supply store. They will have everything you need. If that does not work look up a farmers co-op that does field spraying-they should be able to direct you to a company in your area that supplies pumps-sprayers and tanks, We run 4 trucks and use only electric pumps.
  17. turboguy

turboguy Member

If you can't find one anywhere else give us a call. We have them in stock. Turbo Technologies, (Turbo Turf) 1-800-822-3437
  18. ndirishfan1

ndirishfan1 Junior Member

Hypro Pumps and MP Pumps both have electric pumps that will put out a maximum of 17-19 GPM. The Hypro is a 9700S. The MP Pump is a FRX 75. Check with ag sprayer dealers in your area and they should be able to get these pumps.
  19. magicgirl

magicgirl Junior Member

Depends on what you are looking to use it for. Just roadway or spraying piles as well. Where ar you located
  20. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

obviously some posts were removed from here so I just wanted to post a quick comment

if you are not a sponsor here on the site then you are not able to promote yourself, your company and/or your products in any way