1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Liquid setup on a Loader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by M & D LAWN, Oct 21, 2012.

1. M & D LAWN

M & D LAWN Senior Member

Has anyone tried mounting a small liquid unit on the back of a Loader? I have a Volvo L20 and was thinking of trying to mount a 275 gallon tote on the back. We have storage tanks on site and if we can eliminate a truck coming to the store just to salt it would leave it open to service other sites. Any thoughts?

2. slc12345

slc12345 Member
    from CT

You should have a quick coupler on that volvo, if it were me I would rig something up so you can clip in and out, and run it off a electricpump on the front or if you have aux. hydros. Not sure how to do it but should be easier to do on the front.

3. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

I have built a lot of sprayers for trucks, tractors, trailers, atv's, utv's, skidsteer's, but never on a loader. I'm sure it would be possible. If you have an xtra set of hydraulic quick connects, that would be PERFECT. 3 sets of boomless nozzles sounds good. 20' total 40' total and 80' total.

Sounds like fun

4. M & D LAWN

M & D LAWN Senior Member

Looking at the rear of the loader it would be a ton of fabricating to be able and mount something back there. I saw that you have set up a trailer Kubota. How did you set up power and on off switches for the valve into the cab? I have an old trailer I can use.

5. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

I put a trailer electrical plug on the front of the sprayer, plugged a long cord and run it to the cab of the pulling vehicle which provided the power for the valves (about 1/4 amp each) from the cigarette plug. A wireless controller would have been ideal but the cheap ones are extremely Cheap and the good ones are very expensive ($800-1000?)

It had 2 valves and they required only 3 wires