1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Liquid salt system for sale

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Brian Young, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Selling off some more salting equipment, up for sale is a barley used 550 gallon liquid salt system. Yellow 550 gal. tank on a heavy duty metal skid. The skid has a platform for mounting all the necessary equipment to make into a pressurized system. Tank has I think 17 or 18 Surge buster's installed so no more weight shifting AT ALL. Unit also comes with electric Banjo shut off valve, all Banjo fittings on everything, manual shut off valve, spare Banjo fittings, couplings, 2 spreader bars (one with spray nozzles, one with just holes drilled into it). We used this as a gravity fed system and it worked great. The unit is in great shape as it was used for a season and a half then stored indoors where its been sitting. Tank is yellow, same as skid. Skid is all steel with welded steel bracing and pallet fork end openings for easy lifting. I have 2k into this system, asking $1500.00. Sorry can not ship, located in Erie PA. It's for sale locally also. PM me if interested.

2. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

Brian,
    How many sq ft would that cover? i don't know anything about them but have been asked by my best snow customer to look into it.
    Steve

3. Brian Young

Well, up until last year we used 1 tank to cover everything we had to salt. I did a run through a Lowe's parking lot loaded with water and only filled it 300 gallons and it covered over 3/4 of that lot. This Lowe's is on the larger size and I'm thinking it covered at least 3 acres and the lot was wet not just damp. We did a State Police barracks and kind of flooded that, the lot holds probably at least 100 vehicles, a condo complex and the road is 125 yard long and about 20-30 yard wide, 4 parking lots that would hold about 30 vehicles each and 2 smaller lots that would hold about 10-15 vehicles. Some days we barley made it with enough liquid and some days we had about 50 gallons left over. I loved it, it was much less messing around, loading it was a breeze and took about 2 minutes, I never had to worry about it freezing up etc. I would keep it but I sold our dump truck and the SRW 350 wouldn't handle the weight as it sits now. As far as your customer's....it's cleaner, no ugly white salt stains on carpet etc. Liquid is great all around we just don't have a large enough vehicle anymore.

4. Brian Young

Bump....winter's gettin' closer.

5. grnstripes

grnstripes Senior Member

brian im interested but it will be a few weeks till i can get out there to look and purchase

6. Brian Young

Let me know, its not going anywhere. However its for sale locally and I have a guy interested but he was supposed to call last week....you know how that goes,lol. Its a screaming deal, its all like new condition and the best fittings, valves etc.

7. Brian Young

Bump.......

8. shoeman68

shoeman68 Member

Can you post a pic.? May be interested. What size truck would you need?

9. Brian Young

We had it in a 1 ton dump and it did fine. I dont think you would want anything smaller. I wouldn't put it in our F350 srw. But Ive seen some pretty crazy stuff driving around.

10. Brian Young

This is a complete system, including all hoses, fittings etc. all you need to do is wire it into 1 switch for the shut off valve and a power source and ground....done.

11. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

pics..........

12. Brian Young

I will get a few pics tomorrow (wed.)

13. Brian Young

Sorry no pics yet, just got back from doing some camping. I will try to get some up by end of this week.

14. Brian Young

Still for sale, I finally have some pics. PM me if interested.

15. Brian Young

Bump....still for sale. Need to make room! Its a great deal, everything is is in new condition, I have over 2k invested into the whole system.

16. Brian Young

This item has been sold.