1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Liquid Recomendations

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by moremph, Oct 13, 2014.

1. moremph

moremph Junior Member
    from NKY

I have been reading and reading on liquid for weeks, I am wanting to try/move towards a liquid pre treating program at one of my facilities. This Place is a high traffic area in a somewhat tightly packed 3 acre facility including parking drive lanes walkways and access alleys. Up until this year before a storm would come in we would pre treat with rock salt which worked well and to the customers satisfaction.

With the high cost of salt this year and availability as well as the facility has now added a 250 person party room (Christmas parties, wedding etc) We have been discussing using a liquid pre treat instead.

average temp here in Cincinnati is 22-32 degrees when pre treating would be done and only dipped into the teens twice last year. We used approximately 15 tons of salt.

What products do you like and what would you recommend. Tracking material into the stores white linoleum floor (no more then typical rock salt residue) will not be acceptable.

any suggestions?
  2. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

I have been using a product I found online called Icenator with good results for the past two years. It is a Liq. Mag. Chloride product, but is very pricey. One of the main reasons I started using liquids and chose this product is because one of my customers, a large church (with school M-F) was complaining that the salt residue from the sidewalk out front was getting tracked in onto the linoleum and was making the inside slicker than outside. It was so bad that they asked me to stop doing the front walk all together and started doing it themselves. Of course, I didn't like the thought of my customer out clearing and treating the front walk themselves, so I looked into and found this. THEY LOVE IT. I also started using it to prewet and cut my salt usage in half, so I like it too. Like I said, very pricey though. I am currently looking into a product I found in the last issue of Snow Pro called Liquid Snow Melt. Have made several calls for pricing (732-786-8885), but can't seem to get Geena to return my call. Guess they have enough business and don't need any more.
  3. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Why are you chasing after stuff in the USA when there are good products already here.. There is Geomelt, Liquid landscaper choice, Calcium chloride & Brine, Caliber. You may have to make the trek east up along the qew/403.
  4. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

Not sure I understand your question. I am in the USA. Where else would I search?
  5. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Contact Brad at MCS they are a sponsor 800-286-7312
  6. 98Chevy2500

98Chevy2500 Senior Member

Give Bill Minor a call @ Minor and Company out of Louisville, he will help you out.
  7. PALS Landscapin

PALS Landscapin Senior Member

Grassman who you trying to contact with a 732 area code. That is in NJ where im from. If you want inbox me the info I think I might know who you are talking about and help you out.