1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Liquid Prices- SUPERIOR L & L

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by easygreenlawn, Nov 26, 2008.

1. easygreenlawn

easygreenlawn Junior Member
    from N. Ohio

I am looking for bulk de-icing prices and you claim that you can get 9000 gals. for $0.14, delivered. I tried both places and they are much higher then that. Which place was it and whom did you speak with? I am looking for at least 5000 gals. of Calcium Chloride mix. I also could accomidate the 9000 gallons, if needed.

2. kimber

kimber Senior Member
    from Ohio

My liquid calcium is not that cheap, but it is affordable. kimbercontracting@yahoo.com

3. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

WOW i feel special i have a thread named for me wesport

I will have to check my file on friday. I thought it was http://www.midustmasters.com/

but i could be wrong, I will pm on friday

Remember im only 1 hour from the "salt brine capital of the world" you would have some more trucking cost, which is ultimately most of the cost

Last edited: Nov 26, 2008
  4. rblake

rblake Senior Member
    from dayton

Try Royalty Enterprises - they are south east of Columbus - Calcium, magnesium, sodium brine @ .20 per gallon. We brought in 5000 gallons. Hopefully, we will try it out this weekend.

5. kimber

kimber Senior Member
    from Ohio

I'm their distributor in northern ohio.

6. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Hmmm -

If he's buying it for $0.20 Gal, I have seen it on here for $0.90 Gal. That would be 450% Mark-Up.

Now we know theres better pricing on that, for wholesale, so were looking at even more mark-up!

Do these guys think there the oil companies? :D

7. Superior L & L

from MI

Clapper i know your just playing around, but most peopel in our area sell it to contractor for .60 - .90 cent if your only picking up a couple hundred gallons. If you hve the ability to hold 5-9000 galoons then why not get some real savings, pass some saving on to the customer and make a little extra. I feel its all about getting the best supplier and going right to the source is about as cheap as it gets. For what its worth i can supply and apply liquid cheaper than i can buy the same product for at Lesco. Way cheaper!

Last edited: Nov 27, 2008
  8. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

No, Sir

I Understand what people are paying. I also love to save money!

How ever I also understand no matter where I go to buy my Liq, I can get 55Gals or 55,000 Gals way less then .90Cents if I pick it up. In fact theres 2 places I know of that sell it for under $0.20 Gal Pick up.

9. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

clap , for 55 drums, or 250 totes i was quated almost 2.50 per gal ... QTY has a lot to do with it by me

10. Superior L & L

from MI

Oh i get it now. :cry: Your saying the supplyers are screwing people because of the vast price difference. Around me everyone and there brother is geting into liquid deicer retailing thinking they can make a quick buck. I think the reason for the high markup is because they want to make way more than $50 on a 250gallon tank fill up.

11. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

Theres no reason to use it at them prices

12. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

Yea every one trying to make fash cash.

But theres alot of snake-oil salesmen out there trying to sell there Liq telling people that it will replace salt 100% and all kinds of stuff

13. rblake

rblake Senior Member
    from dayton

I would have to agree that if i was to sell it to a local contractor, I would mark it up since there is a little investment in tanks, pumps. Hey Kimber, how long have you been using their product ? what are your thoughts about it ?

14. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

Dont Qoute me on the dates, but hes only been dealing in the stuff since about Aug.

15. rblake

rblake Senior Member
    from dayton

I did not know they had distributors for certain areas in Ohio. my 0.20 was delivered also, so i did not pass that up.

16. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

oh trust me i didnt

17. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

yea good choice

18. Superior L & L

from MI

http://detroit.craigslist.org/bfs/935028840.html

This guy by me is trying to say that 50 gallons will replace a ton of salt. So he is saying a ton of salt will only cover one acre or that you apply the liquid at 25 gallons per acre. Either one of these statements is totally WRONG. They are all the same

Last edited: Nov 27, 2008
  19. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

Yea, Thats what im talking about lol

20. kimber

kimber Senior Member
    from Ohio

I have volume pricing for large quantities. But I don't see the need to answer since Clapper knows more about my business than I do. I have used this product just this season. I won't make any false claims about it. Liquid is very new to our entire area....no doubt about it. However, i've been researching this since last March. I'm in the salt business and I saw the shortage coming at the end of last season. Liquid won't replace salt. I have never made that claim.

I will be happy to quote prices. I have 11,000 gallons of inventory in downtown Cleveland, plus a 1600 gallon delivery truck as well. If I deliver it, its $.80/ gallon. If you come pick it up in Cleveland its the same price. Full truckload quantities of 5000 is much cheaper. Not trying to make fast cash, i am trying to build a business over time.

I've known about this product for about 15 years, but just recently realized that it is an effective anti-icing product. I have several customers using it and they are pleased. As I get more information, I'll be happy to pass it on.

Next topic....I've got 30,000 tons of salt coming in to Ashtabula for sale. Its from the UK (thats United Kingdom). It lands tomorrow and will be for sale early next week. Let me know if you are interested. Happy Thanksgiving to you all!