1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Liquid Pre-Treating

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by EdNewman, Dec 12, 2010.

1. EdNewman

EdNewman Senior Member

So the town I live in apparently got some new toys this year, they were out in the flurries we had the other day doing liquid pre-treat on all the road. The trucks left like 10 lines of chemical on the roads. Since we didn't get any snow, can't tell if it helps. I was wondering who out there does pre-treatment and if it helps. I believe the concept is that it keeps a slushy layer on the bottom so when you plow, you get a cleaner surface and not icing on the bottom. What happens after the first plow? Is it gone and then back to the same problem or does it stick for the entire event?

2. speralandscape

speralandscape Member

It is supposed to stay in the pores of the road and after time and multiple applications have a lasting affect for the next storm unless it rains and washes it away.