1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Liquid Magic in Steel Tank

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by FIREMAN Q, Dec 8, 2007.

FIREMAN Q Senior Member

Just thinking ahead for next year. I have a steel hydroseeder that just sits all winter. What do you think the liquid would do to the tank if it sat there most of the winter??? I was thinking about making my own using the sprayer or maybe even using the sprayer???

any thoughts would be appreciated.
  2. Fireman, you would have no problem with using/storing Magic in a hydro seeder. You just need to take the filter out to spray. We sell to guys with hydro seeders as do other dealers..You could set it up to spray lots as well. All you need is the spray bar and a switch. Magic dealers usually sell the spray bars. OESCO in mass has spray bars..

FIREMAN Q Senior Member

thanks for the info. What filter are you talking about? Is it in the hydro seeder or is it something needed for the liquid.

Just curious but what is the liquid going for per gallon. I will check with my local guy next time I see him but curious until then.
  4. Usually there is a filter in the hydroseeder. It needs to be removed so the Magic can flow easy. We sell for $2.55gal +/- We have had a lot of our customers pretreating with the liquid. It made for easy work this last weekend when we had ice.. Out again right now pretreating for tonights stuff...Hope that helps