1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Liquid Mag Chloride????

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by mow 4 u, Sep 29, 2008.

1. mow 4 u

mow 4 u Member

Had a large commercial cold storage facility inquire about a liquid application that they have used on a plant to control dust on a gravel and rock parking. But was asked if I knew of the product they had used previously, this product was sprayed on to concrete surfaces and control ice build up the entire season. The only thing I can come up with is liquid mass chloride in large quantity. Anyone done this or have any suggestions, app rates etc......

2. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

We also do dust control in the summer. We are using 21% Calcium Chloride with 7% Magnesium Chloride.

application1.jpg

3. mow 4 u

mow 4 u Member

Can that formula be applied for season long ice control. And if so how much product per 1000 sq. ft. thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

not to sound like a d/a but i dont understand how calcium chloride is used for dust control. eh?

5. Metro Lawn

CHLORIDE FACTS:

Calcium Chloride is a very versatile and basic chemical that has the ability to absorb and retain moisture for prolonged periods of time(hydroscopic). It is the most environmentally approved dust control agent available. It is used in some form by every county in the state of Michigan, on their gravel roads for dust control and road stabilization purposes.

I know it can last for quite sometime, but never heard of it lasting all season. I never heard of anything that will last all season.

6. mow 4 u

mow 4 u Member

Can the product also be used for ICE control, or is that more where Magnesium Chloride is used??

7. Metro Lawn

Yes it can, but there is more calcium in it.

8. SnowMelt2006

SnowMelt2006 Member

Just so you know the proper terms.

A hygroscopic material is one which attracts moisture from the atmosphere.

9. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

I found a guy that has a very similar product to what you said its 27% chloride with a small amount of mag and some other "stuff". Do you think this will work