1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Liquid Ice Melt in Mass

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by PPP, Nov 22, 2010.

1. PPP

PPP Member

I would like to find a distributor of liquid ice melt in Mass particularly on the south shore. Only looking to purchase small quantity like 100 gallons not thousands of gallons. I'm open on types. My main use would be for multiple walkways and one high traffic intersection on a commercial lot. I had been purchasing liquid calcium chloride last year, but they are no longer in business.

2. truckie46

truckie46 Member

PPP If you find decent pricing on liquid ice melt please PM me because I am looking as well. What are you using for equipment?

3. PPP

PPP Member

I'll keep you posted once I find a distributor. For the walk ways I use 2 SOLO Backpack Sprayers they cost about $150-200 (the ones with viton seals to handle chemicals) a piece for good ones that you can get replacement parts for. You can change the tips to spray about anything liquid. You got to keep them clean though.

4. truckie46

truckie46 Member

Thanks. Where do you purchase your liquid ice melt now? I bought some Bare Ground from the internet last year and wasn't impressed at all. I am just on the other side of the bridge in Onset. Have you tried Robert Childs down in Harwich. They may not be a distributor but may know who is locally.

5. bharkness

bharkness Junior Member

Call Gallo Constucktion in Sagamore Mass. They have liquids. Phone 508-888-0346

6. mwalsh9152

mwalsh9152 Senior Member

I cant help you with the south shore part, but last week when I was in Welch Welding in Chelmsford there was someone in there ordering a liquid setup, and they can get the liquid in 55 gallon drums

7. PPP

PPP Member

Actually I spoke with Gallo Construction today. Seemed like good people. They have many types available and even offer you a 1500 gallon on site tank if you are going to use that much. Going to stop down there early next week and see them in person. They sell Ice Ban, calcium Chloride, Calcium Magnesium as well as rock salt etc.