1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Liquid Ice Control

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Clapper&Company, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

I'm looking in to starting Loquid Ice Control. Who all uses liquid? How do you sell the idea to your accounts?

Theres a place called SynTech that sells Caliber M1000, Dose any one use this? I was thinking about makeing my own brine, but how hard would this be, and how big of a batch would you have to make.

Thanks,

2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

We do

Lots of communication

Yes

Depends on if you have the equipment and want to spend the time. I don't, I'm in the business of applying it, not making it, just like fertilizer. Also, if you don't get the percentage just right, you are going to cause more problems than you can imagine.

Depends on how much you are going to use.

PS Have you tried doing a search? Much if not all of this has been covered before.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2005
  3. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

I know theres alot of talk in the pass about it, I just wanted a fresh input.

4. Mark Oomkes

OK, any more questions?

5. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

Are you just using, salt brine? I've been talking to guys from ODOT and getting some hints, and stuff about what theys found out.

6. Mark Oomkes

No, we only use Caliber.