1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Liquid Ice Control on Sidewalks

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Briankook, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Briankook

Briankook Member

Hello. Does anyone pre-treat sidewalks with a liquid ice control? If so, is it effective? What method do you use?
    Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Tried it once with little results, I've heard from others that like it for its ability to prevent hard pack on high traffic walks.
  3. snowish10

snowish10 PlowSite.com Addict

Maybe salt brine, or beet juice? And methods- depend how big the sidewalks are and what equipment you have? Maybe a fourwheeler with a 20 gal tank and electric sprayer or make something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIpbYNSTx80 or the snowex liquid sprayer.
  4. NorthernSvc's

NorthernSvc's Senior Member

the snowex one sucks... i bought one... way to low output... I made some "mods" to it so now it works better... in hindsight I would make my own...and yea liquid on sidewalks is not only a huge money saver - if you are currently using calcium chloride or mag - but works very after the guys are done shoveling
  5. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

We have a bunch of walks right next to the parking lots. I built a spray unit for the walk guys with a 300 gal tank, electric pump and a 20' hose. Once the walks are clear they drive next to them and spray them down. Works great for us.