1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

liquid flow meter

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Do It All Do It Right, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Do It All Do It Right

Do It All Do It Right Senior Member

What would be some option for measuring liquid quantities when selling to other contractors. I know a flow meter but which one would be state certifiable and get the job done. I've seen them go from the $300-$10,000 price range. We would be looking at selling 5,000-10,000 gallons an event. We have all the storage needed and electric pumps to fill but charger are customers a per application price. Now that we are wanting to retail were just researching what might work.
  2. BigBoyPlowin

BigBoyPlowin Senior Member

When I buy from the wholesale yard they use their existing state certified scale. Its .XX per gallon then each gallon weighs XX lbs.
  3. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

each state has its own rules and regulations as to how to sell liquids retail. If you have paid attention lately, there is a lot discussion going on the gas business on what the temperature is when they measure the gas. As previously stated,weighing the product is probably the easiest if you have a certified scale. Keep in mind, that you have to pay the state every quarter/year to come in and verify your scale/ meter. You have to work this fee back into your price per gallon. And don't forget to charge for electricity to run pumps. Talk to your local service station/bulk fuel supplier for alternatives in pumps/measurement systems
  4. JJStan1954

JJStan1954 Junior Member

What % solid are you trying to pump?
  5. CCL Landscaping

CCL Landscaping Senior Member

Hey john great seeing you here