1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Liquid deicer Insurance

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by flykelley, Jan 19, 2009.

1. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Hi Guys
    Was just at my insurance agents office paying for my liability insurance and asked him about my new liquid deicer. I was told even though I have a inland marine policy I still have to call them everytime I buy a new piece of equipment. If I don't it is not covered. Not sure if everybody's policy is like this or not but you might want to check with your agent.

Regards Mike

2. snow_man_48045

snow_man_48045 Senior Member

Yep have to call and give value, serial, model numbers of equipment if you wanted it insured. For example if you bought a truck cash from the guy next door and wanted insurance for it how would they know with out making them aware of it?? Unless your policy spells out X number of dollars for equipment and that number is way over kill to what you own. Then that might cover the new deicing equipment. But highly think in this day and age one would carry 5-10k more for equipment coverage than needed.